Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #1

SUN #11529
PRRaines is an unknown quantity at this point
Nitemare of water

Hello everyone from Virginia I'm sorry to jump right in here asking questions but I've got a 03 Sublime Solaris T320 SK and the bathroom floor is out of it because it was rotten from a water leak from where I do not know yet but I've taken the wood floor up all is left is the toilet stand up shower and the sink with cabinet but took what floor I could up then I took the insulation up now all I have is the black silk undercarriage cover so I was wondering if I would be able to cut the black undercarriage cover so I could look at the plumbing to see what is exactly leaking please someone help me with this matter I'm going crazy with this camper and leak after leak thanks again for any advice I get

Old 08-24-2019, 06:29 AM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I would ask where is your water heater? They have a tendency with age to rot out the bottom of the tank and slowly leak water on the floor.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:10 AM   #3

SUN #11529
It's in the back of the camper located where the bathroom is I've got the bathroom room floor tore up because it was rotten I left the toilet sink and vanity and stand up shower stall in place and took floor insulation up all is left is the wooden floor joist and a black cloth that's attached from the bottom but in order for me to get to the leak or to pinpoint the problem I was wondering if I could take the black cloth from underneath take it and pull it back from underneath so I can see the plumbing because from inside you can't see nothing so please tell me that I can do such because without doing that I would have to take shower and everything out of the bathroom which at this point there is no need in it unless I can't peel the black canvis back thanks for the info I really appreciate it
Old 08-24-2019, 08:12 AM   #4

SUN #11529
=PRRaines;149800]It's in the back of the camper located where the bathroom is I've got the bathroom room floor tore up because it was rotten I left the toilet sink and vanity and stand up shower stall in place and took floor insulation up all is left is the wooden floor joist and a black cloth that's attached from the bottom but in order for me to get to the leak or to pinpoint the problem I was wondering if I could take the black cloth from underneath take it and pull it back from underneath so I can see the plumbing because from inside you can't see nothing so please tell me that I can do such because without doing that I would have to take shower and everything out of the bathroom which at this point there is no need in it unless I can't peel the black canvis back thanks for the info I really appreciate it[/QUOTE]
Old 08-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #5

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
This is what I'm thinking the hot water tank is leaking they usually start as a slow leak and it leaks out on the flooring often over long periods of time saturating the flooring.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:38 PM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi and welcome

The black membrane on the bottom of the floor joists is the very bottom of the camper. The water pipes would be above it, not below. If you go under the camper and look up, you will see the black membrane. That’s the same membrane you see from the top side looking down.

While the membrane can be repaired if cut, I’m not seeing how cutting it is going to help sort out where the leaks came from. If you must slit it, go under the camper and feel for a floor joist. Slit the membrane on the center of the joist. This allows a better repair to seal it back up as you can press on the joist to set the correct repair tape called Flexmend.

There are also waste water holding tanks under the floor. The black tank is right under the toilet. The black membrane is on top of the tank between the tank and bottom of the floor joist. So careful to not cut into the tank.

There is also a gray water tank. I do not know exactly where that is on your floor plan. Drain pipes from the kitchen sink will run to it. The shower and bath sink drain may be piped to the tank also if the tank is not under the bath room

To help find a fresh water line or water heater leak, if you have a small compressor pump up the water system to about 15 psi and look and listen for a leaks. The system normally runs at 50psi water pressure. If you have an active leak the 15psi should find it. You can pump air in the city water hose fitting on the side of of the camper. Not the fresh tank fill but the garden hose fitting looking one we call the city water connection.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote