Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #1

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Newby to forum, not to Sunline.

Greetings All.
The events of this past month with the closing of Sunline will make this forum/club very important to us. I started with a 1973 Sunline pick-up slide-in. ( the 1974 catalog brought back happy memories) DW and I now have a 2002 2363. Love the "coach" and every one I have contact with loves their Sunnys.
Ran into a gentlemen from WV this summer that told me he had some water damage that the stealer wanted $6,000 to repair. He towed up to Sunline plant and they fixed it for less that $1,000. He also had many "extras" installed while he was there. He said the employees made him feel special and offered him much advice and assistance with his "coach". They also allowed him to plug in and stay the night as his repairs went in to the next day. The people doing the repairs told this gentlemen that they loved to get the older units back to see how their work was holding up and what they could learn to do better.
Sorry for the rambling introduction but I feel sorry for those people that obviously knew what customer service was all about. I also would like to thank them for a job well done on an exceptional product that gives us so many happy times. Hopefully there will be a happy ending to the Sunline saga.
See ya down the road,
Regards,
MM

2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi MM, just wanted to say HI an welcome to the forum!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:51 AM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi MM,
Welcome to the Forum! I just wanted to let you know that I have the actual 1974 Caps and Covers brochure and I scanned it and "cleaned it up"- to make it look like new, and I had it in my collection. When I joined this site, I decided to submit it so fellow Sunliners could enjoy it. I was just wondering what you thought of it. Was any part of it hard to read? If so, please let me know so I can correct it.

I'm glad to hear you like your 2363. I too had one and would agree it is a very nice coach.

"Life is even better in a Sunline"- 1991 Sunline Brochure

Jon
Old 12-18-2006, 01:34 PM   #4

SUN #132
Makers Mark
S Fan,

Yes, your 1974 catalog was quite clear. My unit was a slide in on tripod legs. It has a dropdown dinnette to sleep one maybe two and a double over the cab. It had an icebox, no gas or electric cooling. A hand pump sink with 20 gallon potable supply. It did have a gas range and heater. I used the closet for my chemical toilet so I was pretty well set as a young single guy. I remember what sold it for me was that I could close the tailgate on the unit. I didn't want anyone running into a campershell, when the steel bumper would be easier to replace. I had many fishing trips down to Florida before 95 was even finished. Also many trips to Watkins Glenn NY and Bowmansville Canada for road racing and the F-1. I will look around I do not remember seeing any catalogs. The only thing I may come up with is an old bill of sale.

The funny thing about this camper was that I traded it for a paving job on my driveway in 1984. The paving job was estimated at $1,000 and I think I payed around $650 for it some 11-12 years earlier. Who said Sunlines do not hold their value!
2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #5

SUN #53
irishguy101
Indeed a warm welcome to the forum, I Love my Sunline, its a Coach not a trailer, as the others.
Again Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

« NEW MEMBER | QUE SE »