Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #1

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
newbes

Hi my name is Tim and my wife’s is Ritchie (family name) we are from Maine and have been campers for a good while in various types of equipment. Well we just bought a T 1700 it still is at the previous owners house hope to pick it up this weekend. It’s very clean and well taken care of now as soon as I can get it home we’ll start on some modernization and a few little extras. I see some stickers on the ceiling for radio speaker placement and a good stereo is a necessary I think I found the wiring that goes to them in the cabinets has any one installed a stereo and speakers? I would like to know were it was and how to deal with the holes for the speakers. I hope to have a least some of the little things I have found taken care of by mid May so we can go to our annual trip to the cold beaches of Maine. So hello to every one and I’m sure we will enjoy this site.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #2

SUN #1660
hardybus is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome aboard. Good to have another northern New Englander here. What year is your T-1700? Everybody likes photos here, so when you get a chance post us some photos, we'd like to be able to see your "new baby". Have fun and happy camping!

Previous-1984 Sunline F-1850 Fifth Wheel (Gooseneck Hitch)
Tow Vehicle- 2015 GMC Sierra Double Cab 4X4 3500HD Pickup
hardybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Mainah.

Congrats on your new coach! Sounds like you found one is great shape.

We look foward to hearing and "seeing" your Sunline adventures. Yes we like pics.....

I do not know about your speaker setup, however if you give a camper year we may have some who have been through this before. I know it has been talked about before.

Good luck and again welcome

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Welcome Mainah.

Congrats on your new coach! Sounds like you found one is great shape.

We look foward to hearing and "seeing" your Sunline adventures. Yes we like pics.....

I do not know about your speaker setup, however if you give a camper year we may have some who have been through this before. I know it has been talked about before.

Good luck and again welcome

John
OK thanks it's a 1990 T-1700 It never had a radio so there is no place to put it I think it must have hung under the cabinets the speaker wires seem to be there but that's about it. Yeah it's in very nice shape I think I'll be able to pick it up this weekend and get to really have a good look at it. All we have done so far is go over it looking for all the bad stuff and it passed with flying colors every thing works no damp or mussy spots or pealing paint new tires and wheels I don't think it has many miles on it perfect set up for two people and a Great Dane.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #5

SUN #2112
docsam is an unknown quantity at this point
newbie also

Got a '86 sunline satelite and know nothing about travel trailers. Wonder if there is an online manual. Had been looking around for some time and the deal was to good to turn down.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #6

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by docsam View Post
Got a '86 sunline satelite and know nothing about travel trailers. Wonder if there is an online manual. Had been looking around for some time and the deal was to good to turn down.
The Files area is full of manuals and more.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote