Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-13-2020, 06:03 PM   #1

SUN #11897
Mike V is an unknown quantity at this point
New truck camper owners

Hi everyone, we have just purchased a 1986 Sunline truck camper this week. The last owner didn't seen to know much about it, they only had it for a year and
used it twice . They said it was a 1994 but looking at pic's on line and brochures on this site, I believe it is a 1986 sunline Runabout C750 from the little research I have done. I found the Vin # 1LC7S1D96GD701033 , can any one conform the year for me from the vin? This unit was diffidently stored inside and hardly used, its in great shape. Almost looks like something out of a time capsule, it is that original and clean. I replaced the roof vent covers and reworked the structure under it to fit my 2018 2500hd chevy. I have pic's on my album "Sunline truck camper". If anyone can confirm the year and have a idea what its worth please let me know, thanks. Mike & Missi V.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:19 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Mike,

First off, welcome!

The VIN you posted appears to indicate it is an 1986 model. I am not the VIN wizard, club member Sunline Fan is our Guru on that.

Did you paint the camper white or did you get it that way? Only reason for asking is, the original color and decals also helps us back into a year sometimes. If you have any of the before painted pics, that could help confirm too.

Did you get a title on the camper? It should have the date. I am not totally sure truck campers get titles as they have no wheels to go on the road, but it is worth a look if you have one.

Sorry I am not close enough on the truck campers on their cost value. It looks like you found a gem though.

Happy camping when you can get out in it.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:53 PM   #3

SUN #11897
Thanks John,
We just picked it up, somewhere in time it must have been painted and the decals where not replaced. No title just a bill of sale, and the previous owner had bought it off his neighbors last year and didnt know much about the camper. We paid $2000 for it and I think we'll get a few years out of it it's in nice shape. Trying it out next weekend !
Mike V
Old 05-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #4

SUN #10274
Irishman is an unknown quantity at this point
Truck Camper

Hello and Greetings from Chenango County NY. When you can post some pictures so we can check it out. Where are you headed this weekend? Enjoy your first trip.

Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 AM   #5

SUN #402
flbradjr
NADA has a book with RV values. See online or at your Library (someday).
Old 05-22-2020, 07:42 AM   #6

SUN #11897
Hello Irishman
I place a few pics on my album, let me no if those work.
We are presently in Newberry Mi. For the weekend, and only one of about five campers here, probably more heading this way I would guess, not sure because the governor just open up a few stay of the home restrictions earlier this week .
Old 05-22-2020, 07:56 AM   #7

SUN #11897
THANKS
Looks like between $1900 and $2300 is what they estimate, from what we've look at this unit seems a lot better shape than the ones we saw in that price range. Im not sure my wife will ever sale it now she redid the interior and is in Luv with it now . The 8 inch foam mattress we slept on for the First time last night made me pretty happy with it too !