Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #1

SUN #1336
ed_wilson475 is an unknown quantity at this point
New to travel trailers.

My wife and I just bought a used 2001 Sunline 27' TT. Where is the best place to learn about the proper use of all the items such as propane, stove use, water tanks and storage tanks and proper dumping? I have the original manuals, but not sure if it is English I am reading. HELP!!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #2

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
When we bought our first RV 10 years ago we displayed the town we lived in on the web site along with our name like many of our members do. Someone called me after our first post who lived near by and offered to come over and give me some tips.

This really helped a lot and saved much 'wandering'. If you're anywhere near Southern NH I'd be glad to pass on my experience. I suspect there are others within the club also willing to help locatd in other parts of the country.

What state do you livin in and near what city or town?

Safe travels,

Honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #3

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Ed, welcome to the forum and congrats on your "new" Sunline.

We were all "newbies" at one time. I am sure there will be others here that can point to some good resources but all I can do is share a little of my own experience. My wife and I tent camped for may years then moved up to a popup. Even though I bought it used the dealer spent 2 hours showing me how to set up and take down and a lot of good tips with a pop up. When my wife and I decided we wanted to move up again to a TT we spent a lot of time just looking. During that time I read a lot of good (and bad) stuff on forums like this. (note: the bad was from other forums, not here) I also spent a lot of time talking to friends and co-workers that owned or had owned a TT. By the time we purchased our Sunline I had a handle on things like tow ratings, hitches, weight distribution, sway, black and grey tanks, leveling and etc. The rest we picked up as we went along and we are still learning.

Feel free to ask questions here and remember, there is no such thing as a dumb question here and a lot of good people with experience that are willing to answer and help.

Gene

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #4

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out the "FILES" section on here. Lots of info on the basic systems and how to operate them.

Mack

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #5

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Since you started by asking the "need brakes" question, I will ask you what you plan to use to TOW this 27 foot Sunline with...the HITCH you will use to attach it to the tow vehicle.etc..or have you not tried to move it yet?. What Model Sunline is it? This is basic to owning any Travel Trailer and probably the first thing you should learn...the stove and frig, and stuff like that can come afterwards. Dig into any of the online RV forums and you will learn a lot...This one and RV Net is another one.

Bob

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #6

SUN #1336
I have an 05 Dakota V8 with the tow package. I have an appointment today to install the brake accessories. I purchased a hitch with levelers and sway bar. Hopefully after today I will be all set. I saw the How To pages and copied them. I will be in touch if I get confused, as I seem to do more these days.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #7

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_wilson475 View Post
I have an 05 Dakota V8 with the tow package. I have an appointment today to install the brake accessories. I purchased a hitch with levelers and sway bar. Hopefully after today I will be all set. I saw the How To pages and copied them. I will be in touch if I get confused, as I seem to do more these days.
Ed, Can you be specific as to the hitch with levelers and sway bar you mention above. Also note your truck (2005 V8 Dodge Dakota) may be marginal to be towing a 27 foot TT depending on many factors of loading and distibution of weight...this is a very important part of enjoying that TT...and getting it setup correctly cannot be overlooked.

Bob

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #8

SUN #1336
I will post a picture after I get back from having the brakes wired.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #9

SUN #1336
How do I include a picture and info on my setup? I see several on others responses.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #10

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_wilson475 View Post
How do I include a picture and info on my setup? I see several on others responses.
Go to the USER CP - button located on the left side of the white bar near the top of the screen and edit your signature.

Make sure you find the check box to include your signature with all your messages.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #11

SUN #1394
EdK4th is an unknown quantity at this point
Tent camped in my younger days, Just started RV'ing. Bought a 1999 T2653 that looks like it was never used! Am looking for interesting places to camp (scenic views and individual campsites rather tha parking lot type campgrounds). Any suggestions - locations, websites, books?
Old 08-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #12

SUN #517
luvrque
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdK4th View Post
Tent camped in my younger days, Just started RV'ing. Bought a 1999 T2653 that looks like it was never used! Am looking for interesting places to camp (scenic views and individual campsites rather tha parking lot type campgrounds). Any suggestions - locations, websites, books?
This is a copy of what I posted on the other thread where you asked about campgrounds within a few hundred miles.

Hi and welcome to the club.

I don't know where in NH you are but I would think the Lake Placid NY area should be less than 300miles. I would say Lk.Placid is app.100 mis.from the NH border.
We just came back from Lake Placid and found a campground that we will definitely stay in next August.... It's North Pole Campground (a Good Sam park & TL rated very high 8/9*/9) It has 2 sections which are .02 miles apart. The South section has Very Private wooded full hookup sites which is where we will stay nxt. Aug. The North section has more the avg. parking lot type sites as does the KOA a few miles away. The sites do not have scenic views (they are wooded) But Whiteface Mtn. is only a few miles away It's 2 1/2mis. to the Ski center. ( it's hard to find better views then from there) There is a lot to see in that area with lots of great views...

2007 Que RE
2011 Tahoe LTZ.
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...orums/Qsig.jpg
luvrque is offline   Reply With Quote