Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #1

SUN #6849
redmoose is an unknown quantity at this point
new to me solaris

Hi all,

I have been looking for a travel trailer for some time now. I had decided that I wanted a Sunline TT since their quality stands head and shoulders above every other trailer I have looked at. I had not really planned to buy anything until the spring but I came across a great deal on a 2004 T2553 that I could not pass up. Needless to say I brought our new trailer home this weekend and could not be happier. It is everything that I wanted and in great shape.

So now I have some questions. I need a new awning. The existing awning has been patched several times and looks like it is being held together with repair tape. I have not even opened it yet and know that much so it may be completely useless. Where is a good place to buy a replacement awning canopy?

Additionally I want to install solar panels so that we can camp without a hookup when necessary. Can anyone lend any advice for a project like this?

Thank you so much,
-John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141008_164807[1].jpg (78.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20141008_115047[1].jpg (73.7 KB, 5 views)

Old 10-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #2

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
Rvawningsmart.com had the best price for a quality awning. There is a guy in Somerville, NJ wjo will travel to your lication to install (depending on what part of PA you reside).

Old 10-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #3

SUN #6852
Zombie is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome! nice camper!!! I just bought a new to me 2003 sunline T-2553 last week. Looking at the price on the window of your camper I think you did much better than I did. Either way I love this camper. The layout is perfect for me and my two young boys. You found a great site for information. I have only been here for a week and I have already learned a ton about these campers and how to maintain them. If you need the Brochure and or owners manual just ask. My camper came with all it's original paper work. Seeing how yours is only one year newer I would assume the manuals are the same. I may be wrong, but like I said if you want it just ask.

I have done a google search for awnings and found tons at all different prices so I'm no help there but I'm sure someone here will point you in the right direction.

Good luck with it and Congrats!

~Adam

Adam
2003 Sunline Solaris T-2553
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #4

SUN #6849
redmoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks j52 I appreciate the lead on the awning replacement.

Adam, I was very lucky to find an absolutely great deal on my T2553. I had looked at a lot of sunline trailers most in the early to mid 90's for what I was looking to spend. I found this one at a small used RV dealer and could not believe my eyes when I saw what they were asking. The trailer was one of the cleanest that I have seen and their price was about half as much as most of the other dealers I had found that had comparable sunlines on their lots. I really got lucky with this one. I am very excited to start traveling with it.

-John
Old 10-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #5

SUN #6852
Zombie is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck John! I didn't do to bad, I paid $300 more than what was on your window. Same deal with me, I originally went to see a 2001 T-2553 and it was awesome until I inspected the roof. 60-70% if the roof was wasted. I was already upstate NY and happened to see one on Craig's list 35 minutes from my location and it was gorgeous! The tires where brand new no cracks and everything else was spotless. I had a tough 87 y/o seller and he new what he had. I just about got on my knees and begged him to come down a little on the price. I even showed him pic's if my two little boys lol. I know how you feel, I love my camper.

If you want copies if the owners manual let me know.

Adam

Adam
2003 Sunline Solaris T-2553
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #6

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the SOC! Sounds like both of you got a good deal! Our 2363 is 12 years old and when we look at new (and newer) trailers we don't see much that has the Sunline quality. Hope you both can get out on a quick camp before the cold sets in!

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote