Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #1

SUN #6844
Jo Massino is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face New to me 1980 16' RB

I've had a pop up camper for years and just bought my first TT. My 1980 16' RB is in pretty good shape for her age and I don't have any major renovations or work to do. I'm looking forward to our first trip in November and my first burning question is about the water system. I'm not sure if or where there's a "city water" hookup and haven't found anything in my first scan of the forum. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

TIA. I look forward to getting to know and maybe meeting some of you.

Jo

Old 10-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #2

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Jo,

Welcome to SOC! Sorry I can't help you with your city water hookup question but someone will be along who will be able to answer it. Enjoy your 16' Sunline and post pixs when you can.

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #3

SUN #6852
Zombie is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome, I am also new to this forum and just bought a new to me 2003 Sunline Camper. I've only been here a few days and have been reading up on a lot of old threads (search feature) and have come across a ton of info already. This seems to be the place to learn all you need to know. Congrats on the upgrade from a popup!

Adam
2003 Sunline Solaris T-2553
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #4

SUN #4578
Split is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile WELCOME, Drivers side rear corner. ?

JO, WELCOME from east Tenn.. CONGRATS on finding a nifty 16 ft model. i had a 1979 15 ft S.C.. i see from the library brochures yours is 16 foot & a rear Bath..... On the drivers side , rear , near the bottom of camper, there should be typical garden hose screw in female type coupler. ??
YES, it would be nice to see some pics of your rig. Prior New York state here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2647.jpg (100.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #5

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Your city water will be a fitting on the outside that is a standard female garden hose fitting.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:19 PM   #6

SUN #6844
Thumbs up Yes, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
JO, WELCOME from east Tenn.. CONGRATS on finding a nifty 16 ft model. i had a 1979 15 ft S.C.. i see from the library brochures yours is 16 foot & a rear Bath..... On the drivers side , rear , near the bottom of camper, there should be typical garden hose screw in female type coupler. ??
YES, it would be nice to see some pics of your rig. Prior New York state here.
Yup, that would be it!! We weren't sure if that might be a drain. IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg
Old 10-13-2014, 06:39 AM   #7

SUN #4578
Split is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Tin Can Tourist ?

WOW Jo , ya got some serious beach GLAMP color going on in that rig. You said you just got it , so found it from prior owner , or remodel ? .Do you happen to be a "Tin Can Tourist" classic member.?. I am ,& any rig over 25 yrs can be on display at rallies / events around the county. We did a few last Jan in Fla & had great time, Pic below... There is also a South East group / chapter , also a FaceBook page for other Shasta / Scotty, etc, gal glamp...
Also there is a SunLine FaceBook page for chatter / pics, campsites, etc.
The S.E. group just had a big turn out east of Ashville around Maggie Valley N.C. two weeks ago, & spring ocean near Savannah,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2671.jpg (110.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #8

SUN #6844
Hey Split,
The previous owners bought it from some hunters who took VERY good care of it as a deer camp. The young couple who sold it to me did all the remodeling, took it out once and then were transferred to Japan. I was checking Craig's List a few times every day and just happened to be the closest interested party. I snapped it up at their very low asking price! I haven't joined TCT yet but I've been lurking there for quite a while.
I'm keeping my pup too as it's much bigger than the Sunline and I spent a great deal of time and money glamping it to the nines. Thanks for the heads up on the groups. I belong to a bunch of glamping ones but look forward to finding other Sunline owners.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #9

SUN #5310
nbilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome from South Carolina and I am originally from Maryland! Love your camper and I do hope you come over to the Sunline Facebook Group!!! A group member there told me to come here to see your score!!! I have a 1982 15 1/2 SB. Little Miss Sunshine looks just like yours! What is her name? Sorry if I missed that part!!! Would love to see more pictures!!!! I have never seen the rear bath but LOVE the set up. Nancy
Old 10-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #10

SUN #6844
Thanks, Nancy. I sent a join request but probably won't post much since it's a public group. I don't necessarily want my family and non-camping friends to see everything I post. My Sunline's name is The Red Pony, even though there isn't a spot of red anywhere in it. It's named that because my pop up is called The Continual Soirée and the two names go together in a series of books I've read. I can't wait to take the Red Pony out and may take a quick trip to a nearby SP for the weekend after I take the pup to a meet up in NJ this weekend. She's parked down at a friend's place right now because it's been raining for days here and I didn't want to tear up the yard getting her to the back but I'll take some more photos when I can.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #11

SUN #5310
nbilton is an unknown quantity at this point
I understand completely! Just sent you a friend request. I also have a popup named the Tiki Hut.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #12

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Has a failure look, my T1700
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3598 (1024x768).jpg (62.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-15-2014, 04:22 PM   #13

SUN #6844
Yes, it does. Nice!