Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #1

SUN #12452
Tracey is an unknown quantity at this point
new to camping, new to Sunline

We are the proud owners of a 1996 Sunline Solaris T1700! It did not come with any owners manuals and although I found some relevant ones in the Forums, I am still looking for my low point drain valves, fresh water tank and drain valve, and a condensation drain for fridge. Pretty basic stuff, I know, but I've looked under the unit and thru the unit and could not identify these basic parts. I also could not find a manual for my specific unit. Is there one available? Thank you!

Old 01-30-2021, 09:10 AM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
If it's like my T1700 they are inside of the compartments should be two under the kitchen sink and two under the bath sink. Mine is a 1990

Old 01-30-2021, 12:13 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Tracey!!

Not sure where in your floor plan the low point drains are located. If mainah's suggestion does not pin point them, look under the camper for 2 pipes sticking down about 3 to 5". They would be either 2, blue or gray little pipes about 5/8" in diameter. They would be the low point drains, then sort out where inside the camper that location is. They bury them inside under cabinets, beds or couches pending the floor plan.

The fridge condensate drain. Well, first off, does your 1996 fridge have one? The older Dometic fridges did not have a drain tube from the inside of the camper, inside the fridge to the outside. You had to remove the tray from the fridge under the coils and dump the water. I am not sure what model year Dometic changed that.

If you have one of the fridges with an actual drain tube, then it would look for the drain hole inside the fridge compartment. When looking inside the fridge, look at the drip pan under silver fins. Then look to the left of that pan. Look under the pan. On the left there will be a hole (~ 3/8" dia) in the back of the fridge wall and a little catch funnel to divert the water from the pan down through the hole in the back of the fridge.

If your fridge has that hole in the back of the fridge compartment, then it is new enough to have the drain tube to go outside. If there is no hole, then yours does not have the drain and you have to dump the tray.

Assuming yours has the drain tube, then go outside and remove the white lower vent cover off the fridge. There would be a drain hose on the right side looking in next to the gas burner/boiler tube area. The original hoses were black and looked like an accordion type of hose. Look up in the hole too for it.

That hose has to drip outside the camper, or else it will rot out the wood inside. It has been done before with folks not knowing about it. If you find a hole in the back wall inside and do not find any hose outside, then lets talk as your hose could be cracked off and that is a problem. We can help on how to fix it if needed.

For a camper manual, we have copies on Sunline manuals in our FILES section. Look at the top of the forum when logged in. Press the tab that says, FILES. In there is a bunch of neat Sunline good stuff. Scroll down to the Owners manual section and download a copy.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:17 PM   #4

SUN #12452
Found them! Thanks! What about the fresh water tank and drain valve? I found the black and grey underneath in the back but not the fresh water. Also, I found the manual on my Dometic fridge and it doesn't show a drain hose. Hmmm...wonder where the condensation goes?
Old 01-30-2021, 12:34 PM   #5

SUN #89
The fresh tank has it's own separate "mini" drain tube and valve. For a 1996, I "think" that is new enough it would have a real small white (may now be yellowed) drain valve on the side of the camper or under the camper.

The valve I am talking about, would look like this

To find the drain, look for the fresh tank. Pending the floor plan and Sunlines methods of the time, the white plastic fresh tank is inside the camper or, outside under the camper. There would be a clear hose at the bottom of the tank and that hose goes to the drain valve.

The original Sunline fresh tank drain valves, like I posted the pic from above,
are as slow a molasse running in the middle of January up in the artic.... A prior owner may have changed the valve to a larger one to drain faster, so it may not look like my picture. But find the small hose at the bottom of the tank and trace it to the valve.

Old 01-30-2021, 12:38 PM   #6

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey View Post
Also, I found the manual on my Dometic fridge and it doesn't show a drain hose. Hmmm...wonder where the condensation goes?
If yours does not have the hole in the back of the fridge compartment on the left side under the drip pan, then yours does not have a drain tube.

There should be a plastic tray under the silver fins in the back of the fridge inside. That tray needs to be taken out, dumped and put back in when it starts getting full if you have no drain hose.

Does your have the plastic tray at least?

Old 01-30-2021, 12:43 PM   #7

SUN #12452
Mystery solved on the fridge! It is an older model with a drip pan, but my drip pan is missing. I will try to find a replacement for it. No holes in the back of fridge so my tray has to be dumped.
How bad is it to run the fridge when the camper is out of level? We plugged an electric heater in overnight and didn't realize the fridge was set on "electric". We hadn't disconnected from the tow vehicle because it our first night getting home with it. The fridge was not making any noise and hard to say if it was cooling because it was so cold. We are going to level the camper and try turning the fridge back on
Old 01-30-2021, 12:59 PM   #8

SUN #12452
I found 2 white plastic small tubes sticking out the back behind the bumper. I'm pretty sure those are my low point drains.
Still haven't found my white fresh water tank and valve. Inside some of the cabinets there are compartments that have a plywood tops that are screwed down. I haven't looked in those When I asked the previous owner where it was, he said they never used the fresh water tank and always hooked up to water. What if it is missing?!
Old 01-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #9

SUN #5443
krazedave is an unknown quantity at this point
Go outside your trailer and fine the fresh water fill then go inside to that location and that is where it would be. Yes you may have to unscrew the plywood to find it. I have seen them under couches, dinette seats and beds.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:33 PM   #10

SUN #89
Quote:
Mystery solved on the fridge! It is an older model with a drip pan, but my drip pan is missing. I will try to find a replacement for it. No holes in the back of fridge so my tray has to be dumped.

How bad is it to run the fridge when the camper is out of level? We plugged an electric heater in overnight and didn't realize the fridge was set on "electric". We hadn't disconnected from the tow vehicle because it our first night getting home with it. The fridge was not making any noise and hard to say if it was cooling because it was so cold. We are going to level the camper and try turning the fridge back on
If you end up needing help on the drain pan, let us know, but we will need the model number of the fridge.

Not knowing which model fridge you have, it is hard to tell if your fridge was actually turned on when you plugged the camper into shore power (120 VAC). Most need to be manually turned on.

You do not want to run the fridge off level on purpose. That is not a good thing for this type of fridge. The coolant in the system does not flow correctly with the fridge being off level and it can burn/over heat the liquid damaging the coolant permanently. The damage does not happen instantly, but will if left on running off level long enough.

The RV type of fridge, called an absorption fridge, does not make much if any noise when it runs that you can hear inside the camper. It is not like a home fridge that has a motor and compressor running that makes noise. The RV fridge actually removes heat in place of pumping in cold air like a home fridge. By removing the heat, all that is left is cold. I know that sounds odd, but it is the way they work. Heat is created by LP gas or 120 VAC electric to heat the coolant that then flows through the tubes in the back of the fridge. The coolant then "absorbs" the heat out of the fridge and freezer compartments.

When the fridge is working correctly, it will take 3 plus hours before the freezer or the fridge compartment cools down. It is slow, but they do work and work well. Once it is cooled down, then you add cold food from the house or store as usual.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:46 PM   #11

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
The drains have a "T" handle they don't turn they pull up. The water tank has a drain keep looking! Nothing is hidden behind things that you need to take apart. The fridge is ok as long as you feel your not walking down hill or left and right and it's fairly long term neglect. If you were not plugged in the heater shouldn't have worked but again the fridge is fairly forgiving. If this thing is not winterized and you live where it get cold and it didn't there is quit a few things you need to look at I'm sure JohnB can lead you to some winterizing posts.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:47 PM   #12

SUN #89
Quote:
I found 2 white plastic small tubes sticking out the back behind the bumper. I'm pretty sure those are my low point drains.
Still haven't found my white fresh water tank and valve. Inside some of the cabinets there are compartments that have a plywood tops that are screwed down. I haven't looked in those When I asked the previous owner where it was, he said they never used the fresh water tank and always hooked up to water. What if it is missing?!
Dave has you hunting in the right place to find the fresh tank.

While the prior owner may have never used it, they shouldn't have had to take it out, or the water pump that goes with it. The system is setup to run on city water hookups or fresh tank all automatically.

If by chance, someone did remove it, something can be done to add one back in. We would need pics of what they left in place and what is missing to help better on that project.

Also, since you are new to this, before the camper is used for camping with fresh water, either city water or fresh tank, the water system needs to be drained of any RV antifreeze if it has been winterized and then sanitized. More on that if needed.

Old 01-31-2021, 06:53 AM   #13

SUN #8237
johnnybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome from Maryland!

We owned a 1998 T-1700. The fresh water tank and drain valve was inside the lower door to the left of the heater.....

IMG_3622.jpg
Old 01-31-2021, 03:18 PM   #14

SUN #12452
AHA! Found it! The hot water heater is straight back and the fresh water tank is to the left, under the sink cabinet. It looks like you would have to unscrew the plywood to get to it. I found the drain valve under the cabinet and the drain under the camper - it's just a small tube sticking down. Thanks! The pic was really helpful!
Old 01-31-2021, 03:24 PM   #15

SUN #12452
The fridge is working great! It is a RM Dometic 2410. Any resource you can steer me to to find a replacement drip pan? My model has the drip pan you have to empty.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:51 PM   #16

SUN #89
Quote:
The fridge is working great! It is a RM Dometic 2410. Any resource you can steer me to to find a replacement drip pan? My model has the drip pan you have to empty.
I could not find one in stock for sale, but I found this which is a place to start.

First, I did find the parts list for your RM 2410 fridge. I loaded here in our files section. https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/d...o=file&id=5637 You can download a copy.

The drip tray is called out as, Dometic Refrigerator Drip Tray part number 2007507011

Following that part number I find these 2 places advertising it, but special order or not in stock.

Dyers is a place I have bought from before with a positive outcome. They are out of Phoenix AZ, but they have staff on site to answer the phone and help. They also have pics of it, and dimensions on their site. Check that this at least looks like it will fit. They state out of stock, but may be able to order it. Call them and see what they can do. Give them the model and serial number and ask to confirm the part number has not been superseded.
https://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-...ray-11647.html

I also found that part number here. I have never bought from PDX before, they have good online info and website. However, you can only email them, I do not believe you can call them. They may also not take returns. The prices are closer to wholesale. They call it out as special order. For sure contact them before ordering to check the details and freight costs.
https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/...ray-2007507011

Since you have a Domeitc part number, you can also try a local RV dealer that handles Dometic repairs. Unless by odd chance they have one in stock, they would have to order it too. Take the fridge model and serial number with you when you go. They will not relate to Sunline, but should to a camper with a Dometic fridge and you want a quote and delivery on a Dometic part. They can confirm the part number aligns with your fridge, and connect with Dometic direct. Sometimes the part number get superseded and the older literature is out dated.

Hope this helps

John

Old 02-02-2021, 10:28 PM   #17

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
That's interesting- I hadn't heard of a Sunline with an interior fresh water tank drain valve. They must have figured putting the tank next to the wheel well worked best and it didn't work to plumb a drain past the wheel well.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote