Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-27-2020, 10:01 AM   #1

SUN #12288
Tiny-House is an unknown quantity at this point
New member: 2007, 22', Sunline / Solaris T-2075

I have owned this "land yacht" for almost 3 years and have done some modifications and some repairs (all myself). We enjoy camping and this model has been great for the two of us and is easy to tow with my F-250 PU. I purchased this 2007 from the original owner and they had never used the L.P. gas systems (stove / oven), never used the large shower, had many extras like TV, CD / stereo, external hot & cold shower, electronic tank monitoring for gray, black % fresh water tanks, dual batteries (on switch), LP dual 20# tanks were full, cold AC, LP hot water... and more. I did replace the existing fridge and added insulation around the compartment. I think the previous owners camped only 9 times before I was able to buy it in 2017. I paid $3,500.00. I found the original invoice in a drawer from 2007....$19,000.00. This has been a great investment and when you turn 65 (in Florida) you get a 50% discount at Florida state park RV campgrounds! Beats the he ll out of tent camping!!

Old 09-28-2020, 02:36 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Tiny-Hosue!

Sounds like you found a real gem at an outstanding price. Good for you! You have come to the right place for Sunline lovers...

Any and all questions on your Sunny are welcome. We also like seeing and hearing about your Sunline adventures. We like pics!

Our Ohio state parks have a similar program for seniors to your FL system. At age 60 they send you a Golden Buckeye card automatically if you have an OH drivers license. If no license then you apply for it.

For OH state park camping we get this

Quote:
Golden Buckeye card holders are eligible for the following discounts:

Camping: 50% discount off camping fees, Sunday through Thursday
Camping: 10% discount off camping fees, Friday and Saturday
It comes in real handy for us state park camping folks like us.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:09 PM   #3

SUN #12288
Tiny-House is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the welcome JohnB. I'll put some pics on when I get a chance... I used to sail a lot when I was younger and have traveled to many distant ports throughout the Bahamas, Carribbean and up and down the eastern seaboard. Since moving away from our home in Key West, to the "mainland" (Florida) , I do most of my traveling in a "land yacht". My wife and I have always loved tent camping on vacations but used to get a little nervous at night while trying to sleep in bear country! Sleeping in the comfortable "Queen-sized" bed in TINY HOUSE is luxurious compared to an air mattress under my old sleeping bag in our old tent! Yes, the state parks are generally very nice for the price of an RV site. We just have to plan far ahead to reserve the nicer sites...especially on the coasts (beaches). We hope to camp out west in the future.