Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #1

SUN #8247
Captain Rahn is an unknown quantity at this point
My First One... 2003 T-2499 Solaris Lite

Hi All,

Headin' down the rabbit hole! I purchased her as a home away while travelling for work, rather than staying in hotels...My kids call her my "Mobile Mancave".
Really glad to see a strong forum, as belong to several others for all my "stuff" horse trailers, cars, etc.

Anyhoo, Funny how this all came about. Have been plying the seas of Craigslist looking for a good deal, and gathering info on the RV world. I don't have a truck, so had all sorts of different ideas about what to get. Fate intervened, the Sunline appeared for under 5K. Guy said it was clean, no smell, good tires. Well, I looked at the GVW, figured any old F-150 would pull it, I rented a Uhaul and pulled it to the trailer park. In my search, this was the first I'd heard of Sunline, kinda lucked into the fact they are so sought after and high quality. Excited to dig deeper.

I left her there for the week while I headed home on time off. I go back up next week to move in.

Sounds like stabilization and leveling are important first steps. Here's what I'm taking up w me...

4 jack stands
ramp leveler
chocks
drinking water hose
tire covers
bubble levels, mountable and straight level.

Happy to be here...Sure I'll have more questions.

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160414_070507.jpg (75.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20160414_092334.jpg (67.6 KB, 1 views)

Old 04-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #2

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome to the forum. Looks like a real nice trailer.

😀 Dave

Old 04-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #3

SUN #701
Thomas A
Welcome to the forum and to trailering. Just after my wife and I bought our 2002 2553, the 2499 came out!!! Wow!! Did we like that layout!!! Still do!!! Lots of good luck to you!!! Good choice!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #4

SUN #6969
Bubbabc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Rahn View Post
Hi All,

Headin' down the rabbit hole! I purchased her as a home away while travelling for work, rather than staying in hotels...My kids call her my "Mobile Mancave".
Really glad to see a strong forum, as belong to several others for all my "stuff" horse trailers, cars, etc.

Anyhoo, Funny how this all came about. Have been plying the seas of Craigslist looking for a good deal, and gathering info on the RV world. I don't have a truck, so had all sorts of different ideas about what to get. Fate intervened, the Sunline appeared for under 5K. Guy said it was clean, no smell, good tires. Well, I looked at the GVW, figured any old F-150 would pull it, I rented a Uhaul and pulled it to the trailer park. In my search, this was the first I'd heard of Sunline, kinda lucked into the fact they are so sought after and high quality. Excited to dig deeper.

I left her there for the week while I headed home on time off. I go back up next week to move in.

Sounds like stabilization and leveling are important first steps. Here's what I'm taking up w me...

4 jack stands
ramp leveler
chocks
drinking water hose
tire covers
bubble levels, mountable and straight level.

Happy to be here...Sure I'll have more questions.

Ron
Your trailer is actually a 2004 not a 2003. 2004 was the first year for the Maple cabinets. That was beautiful blue upholstery that year! Have fun making new memories in your Solaris!
Old 04-18-2016, 04:12 AM   #5

SUN #8247
Captain Rahn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbabc View Post
Your trailer is actually a 2004 not a 2003. 2004 was the first year for the Maple cabinets. That was beautiful blue upholstery that year! Have fun making new memories in your Solaris!
Oh OK, cool, thansk for that. I was going by the build date on the sticker that has it at 8/2003, I suppose that puts it at the next model year.