Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #1

SUN #310
smalinowski
Just bought a Sunline

We are so excited to have purchased a used 2000 Anniversary edition T2670. The previous owners treated it like gold and it actually still has the new interior smell when you walk in it. We have been tent campers for 10 years and we are certainly excited about the upgrade. We just returned from our first weekend out and we had a blast. Although, I must admit the set-up and break-down is much different now. We did notice that the water pressure for the hot water was much lower than the cold water. I was running of of electric for the hot water heater but the pressure was yucky. Any ideas on how to solve this as I am sure it was something that I have done wrong. Any advice on our unit and how it works would be greatly appreciated. :P

smalinowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Stacy,

Welcome to the club! I'm not sure why the WH has low pressure, but the pressure to the whole coach could have something to do with a filter you are using, if you use one. Some brands of filters restrict the flow a lot, so you end up with a trickle in the shower. Did you try runnning the WH on gas? If it has full pressure on gas, then you'd know it's with the electric part. If you're unsure of how to use it on gas, let me know and I can give you step by step instructions.

A little tip since you own a 2000 Sunline. The logos on your coach just plain stink. They look beautiful when new, but most all (I'd say >75%) of all 2000 and 2001 Sunline's have lost those logos. The sun is mostly the cause of this, but it can be prevented if you wax and clean the logos often. If the previous owners took as good of care to the logos as they did the rest of the coach, they should last a long time, but you will want to continue keeping them up. Every couple weeks, go out and clean the logos, and wax them every couple times, especially the front logo on the rock guard and the rear logo. I have used a spray wax called Wax As U Dry (can be used wet or dry), by Eagle One, in between all waxings. It's a good idea to wax the side striping and logos, as well as the rest of the rock guard. Waxing the flat fiberglass rock guard as well as all the compartment/entry doors will keep them white for a long time and not fade to yellow like many unwaxed Sunline's.

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #3

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Stacy - welcome to one of the best forums on the net......stay around for awhile you'll love it here!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:54 AM   #4

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Hey Stacy! WELCOME You are not too far from this summer's Meet and Greet (hint, hint )

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...opic.php?t=354

(Yes, it is a shameless, plug, but hey, I am SOOO excited!)
Old 06-12-2007, 07:18 AM   #5

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Stacy,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new to you Sunline. You'll love it - best trailer on the market.

wrt your water pressure, in general the water pressure is always lower than what you are used to at your home. The water pips that run in the trailer are only rated for 35 PSI, that's why you should use a water pressure regulator when hooked up to water at the camp site.

However, since you indicated that you were only experiencing low pressure on the hot water, that's probably a different issue.

The first thing I would check is to make sure the HW tank bypass vales are properly set, that is opened fully to allow water into and out of the HW tank. If they're not open completely, this could be causing your low pressure in hot water only.
Our previous Sunline was a 1999 T-2670, if the 2000 is the same, which I believe it is, the HW tank bypass valves are located on the back of the HW Tank. You gain access to them via a hole in the lower bunk. Lift the mattress and you'll see the hole towards the back. There were 2 valves on our 1999, top and bottom, make sure both are open. I can't remember exactly how the values lined up, but I think if the handles were pointing in-line with the pipe going in/out of the tank it opened the value to feed / output water to/from the tank. If the valve handles were pointing in-line with the pipe bypassing the HW tank, they were set to bypass. I mark all the values on our trailer with a Sharpie so I remember which is open and which way is closed.

If the bypass vales are set properly, then I would check for a kink in the hot water line. Things to check to help narrow down the search are:
is the HW pressures the same at all faucets, (sink, bath, shower) or if it was only one/two locations experiencing the low pressure? If the pressure is the same at all faucets I would start checking the hot water lines for a kink in the water line feeding into the HW tank and line coming out. Follow the line coming out all the way to the first T (as much as you can) to see if there are any kinks. If you’re experiencing low pressure in only one location, look for a kink in the hot water line to that location, starting from the faucet and working back words. If it's 2 locations, try to find the T that splits/feeds each faucet and work backwards from there.

Also check to make sure all connections are tight to the faucets and there are no water leaks.

Hope this helps.
Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello Stacy,

Welcome to the group. So nice to have another happy Sunline owner join us. I'm not sure where Colora, MD is but maybe sometime our paths will cross. You have purchased one of the finest COACHES built. And don't fret about Sunline being closed, with proper maintenance of your coach, it will last an eternity, products (ie: fridge, W/H, etc) may fail years down the road, but your Sunline will stand the test of time with routine maintenance. My best friend just sold a 1982 T-1550 in mint condition, everything original except for the A.C and curtains, and he got $3K for it. That says a lot about Sunlines quality.

Kitty

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote