Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #1

SUN #586
firemandan17
It's up to the bank!

I've just joined the club because I'm looking for some input. I've owned a 1987 class A, a pop up and currently a 1993 23' TT so I'm not completely inexperienced.

I've found a 2006 Solaris 2753 for what seems to be a good deal. All the information I've found in several forums indicates that Sunline owners are very loyal as well as repeat owners. In looking at my prospective purchase, I can't seem to find anything wrong, is there anything I should look for now before I buy and (if the bank agrees that I need this trailer) expect to have problems with after the purchase (water/electric/LP systems,service, towing balance, etc)? Any information would be greatly welcomed as the floorplan is just about perfect for Mrs. firemandan and I! Thanks!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #2

SUN #492
GhettoMedic
First of all welcome, you've come to the right place for help everyone here is great. Second, I am new to the whole TT life but I can tell you that I have a 1981 sunline 19 1/2' and it is in exceptional state. Sunline made a good quality product.

https://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...9/mycamper.jpg
GhettoMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #3

SUN #256
Bobo
Dan,

If buying the trailer from a dealer and is new, see if the dealer will give you a warranty with it. Sunline themselves have gone out of business. You still have the warranties from the manufacturers of the appliances and accessories, but you will not have any coverage for any Sunline involved items. I purchased a leftover 2006 T-2499 and the dealer provided themselves, a one year warranty. Just some small items like loose electrical connection or some adjustments is all I needed.

You will find the Sunline is a superior built coach. I was most impressed by the absence of staples in the construction and the thick walls with fiberglass insulation instead of foam bead boards.

As with all trailers, you can run into problems. The Sunlines as you can tell from this forum, seem to have less . The only thing that stands out is the tires. Some owners have had issues with the Mission brand tire. Check them for any cracks or age problems. The Sunline is still an excellant buy for the money.

Bobo

2001 Coleman Utah
2006 Sunline T-2499
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:26 AM   #4

SUN #128
Tweety
We have a 2006 2753 that we LOVE! We bought it used last Nov, and had it out for about 3 weeks at Thanksgiving. We tow with the Reese Dual Cam system and it tows like a dream - no sway at all. I also wondered about the balance, because it appears heavy on the kitchen side and in the back. We do try to put heavier items on the other side when loading. ie. a case of water goes under the dinette bench, the pots and pans are in one of the dinette drawers. Don't quote me on this, but I think the fresh water tank might be on the door side, so if it's full that would help balance things. Front to back, if you notice the location of the wheels, they are set back a little. I know Sunline was careful about the axel placement to balance their trailers front to back because we had that conversation once with Larue. (who worked at the plant) So, while it looks like the 2753 is back heavy, especially with all the junk we put in the pass through compartment, that hasn't been an issue for us either. I think you'll like the layout. The only thing we don't like is the TV location being so far away from the living room. We seem to leave it in the cabinette over the dinette. Maybe we just need to be not so lazy and move it to the front flip table We love all the windows, the walk through bath, and the walk around queen bed. We even find the mattress comfortable! As for backing in 28 feet of trailer, it's actually WAY easier than backing in the 17' QUE was. So far, we haven't had a single issue with any of the systems. Oh...well the skylight vents wouldn't open, but Steve took those apart, sanded, oiled, and now they're fine.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #5

SUN #586
firemandan17
We're in!

Mr.s Firemandan and I signed the papers yesterday and as soon the roadwork is done in front of the house we'll bring our 2753 home! Thanks to those that posted replies and to all members for the valuable info. You'll find us in Sault Saint Marie, MI and Copper Harbor next month. If someone can enlighten me on the "how to" I'll post pics as soon as we get her home! Thanks again!

Firemandan17
Old 05-02-2008, 06:34 AM   #6

SUN #586
firemandan17
We're in!

Mr.s Firemandan and I signed the papers yesterday and as soon the roadwork is done in front of the house we'll bring our 2753 home! Thanks to those that posted replies and to all members for the valuable info. You'll find us in Sault Saint Marie, MI and Copper Harbor next month. If someone can enlighten me on the "how to" I'll post pics as soon as we get her home! Thanks again!

Firemandan17
Old 05-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #7

SUN #503
sdsferraro
Send a message via Yahoo to sdsferraro
Congrats!!! Hope you enjoy. I'm pretty new myself and if you need anything this is a great site full of knowledge and know how.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:47 AM   #8

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Dan,

Was that the 2753 at Midway Motorhomes? That one did look like a good deal.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #9

SUN #586
firemandan17
Yes, Jon,
that's the one. I found it listed in the Michigan Auto & RV last week, went to the Midway website then here for answers and made the deal yesterday! We're pretty excited as we sold the '93 prowler...had some issues... and this'll be the newest unit we've had(still had the "new trailer smell")! Couldn't find anything wrong and Midway told is the former owners traded for a new 5er.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #10

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Dan,

Welcome to the Sunline Club! There are a lot of us here who truly believe that Sunlines are just the best trailers around, and we're all here to help each other get the most out of them.

If you need instructions and advice about posting pictures in these forums, go over to the Sunline Community forum. The fourth message down from the top is a "sticky" titled How To Post Pictures on SunlineClub. That should answer all of your questions.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote