Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #1

SUN #1591
GKLarson is an unknown quantity at this point
hopeful new owners

Greetings
We don't actually own a Sunline yet
Expecting purchase $$$ when banks re-open Tues & purchase on Wed
We've kinda commited to buy an 06 T-1950 in mint condition for $9500 which is below the NADA value. Included is full cover, TV, gas grill & small items. Surprised there is no spare wheel tire but unused bumper mount is also included
Have noticed most other trailers sell way above NADA prices which values this one @ $11,200 w/o extras
This trailer would be a significant upgrade from a 91 Wilderness we currently own. Going to AZ for Winter boondocking from home in far upstate NY in few wks & hope to take new "luxury trailer" rather than older one
Any thoughts on price or advice for potential new owners much appreciated. Thanx

Old 10-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #2

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
When I bought mine, the dealer said that you can tow the unit with three tires as long as you remove the flat. I bought a spare and mounted it on the rear bumper. Already used it once. Get a spare.

The price seems to be in the ballpark. We find the T-1950 perfect for two people.....easy to tow and easy to park. You'll love it.

The only things I added since I do mostly dry camping is a 12v three speed reversable vent fan, two batteries on the frame and an accumulator tank to minimize stops and starts of the water pump.

Have fun and welcome to the club.

2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #3

SUN #1591
bit the bullet

& bought the t-1950. Sure is a nice trailer ! Will definitely get that spare.
Have a 2nd battery & 3rd propane tank we'll take along & check w/ shurflo for accumulator tank. Noted some other good dry camping suggestions from another thread.
Trailer is in mint condition other than stained rolled vinyl(?) trim around storage comp. doors. Looks to be both mold & pink rv antifreeze both of which have resisted all chemical attempts @ removal
Assume the 20' exterior rail behind water tank fill door is to mount a table ?
Looks to be few other upstate NY owners
Old 10-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes you can use that rail for either a table but the real purpose is for a BBQ grill stand, you may or may not have the gas line right below the frame rail in the general area. Our came with the BBQ and it was used but gave it up this year for a more "useful" grill.....I just noticed yours came with a grill - so that is where it would hang...

We will be having an Adirondack M&G in September of next year (last full weekend) and we have a Western New York M&G in Rochester in September (9/9 - 9/11) ...hopefully you will be able to attend one of those (which are close by) we also have the BIG SOC Buttonwood M&G Rally in Mexico PA in June (6/10 - 6/12),,,meet lots a great people and have a great fun weekend of camping!!!!

We owned an 06 T1950 and after two years traded it in for a T2499....these ole bones did not like the bed in the corner...but that is just a matter of preference! Otherwise we loved ours....even had the 17 y/o GS come along to Canada for a week and still had enough room!

May you have many years of happiness in your new to you T1950!!!

By the way - where in "far" Upstate New York are you????
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #5

SUN #1591
Thanx much for well-wishes

& the helpful advice
What I originally guessed was a water tank drain, based on your info & closer examination turned into a gas lead , but don't know as I'd be tempted to use a gas bbq that close to trailer or awning ?
Although along w/ other uncountable manuals, there's one for the included gas grill (uniflame model npg2301) in owner's booklet; I don't think it was orig equipment. It's legs are way short & it's designed to be used w/ those small throw-away cylinders
Wife of 41 yrs & counting & I live in town (but not village) of Canton, NY in St Lawrence Co. Not much NY N of here but plenty of Canada. Leaving in few wks to again spend many months snowbirding in AZ. Previously we did so in FL & will return to winter there but really enjoying SW @ present
BTW, like Sunline, we were both "manufactured" in PA
When we're home we spend lotsa time in Adks
Old 10-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #6

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
We BBQ'd with the unit there for a few years...just had to remember to shut window....

We vacation in 1000 Islands (Grass Point), as well as canoe2 (Doug & Lorie)....I'll be making reservation in December to go there in August CAN'T WAIT!!!

Enjoy your time in AZ....hope to see you at one of the M&G's......
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #7

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKLarson View Post
...Trailer is in mint condition other than stained rolled vinyl(?) trim around storage comp. doors. Looks to be both mold & pink rv antifreeze both of which have resisted all chemical attempts @ removal ....
Try Clorox kitchen cleanup with bleach on that trim. Mine looked bad and nothing seemed to work until I tried the Clorox. Spray it on and wait a few minutes. I then use a small brush like you would use for cleaning your hands. Rinse well.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #8

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Congrats GKLarson on your new coach. New campers are always good times. And Welcome to the Sunline family. You have a very popular coach and a 2006 is a very nice unit as they all are......

Happy Camping in your new camper. If you can post some pics some time of your camper in action or of a problem you need help with. We like pic's!!!

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #9

SUN #1633
varmintjcl is an unknown quantity at this point
What part of AZ do you plan on staying in? You better be careful, you might get addicted to the wild west...
Old 05-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #10

SUN #1591
we're back

Returned recently to the still chilly Northcountry from almost 6 months along the Colorado river. Boondocked in AZ CA & NV & again spent not one thin dime on camping fees in the West. EZ to do if one's not addicted to hookups & our Sunline made it very comfortable. Think most trailers are built for use on odd weekend here & there but our t-1950 performed faultlessly & shows no signs of wear despite traveling some rough backroads. Sure is a well designed & manufactured rig. Very glad we chose it