Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

SUN #9184
Falcao is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopeful Future Sunline Owner

Hi everyone,

I've posted a couple of times in the forums already so I figured I should properly introduce myself. I'm not currently a Sunline owner but all my research is leading me to believe I should be! (I posted in the wanted section so I won't repeat myself about that here.)

I've always loved camping but never considered a camping/travel trailer because they just seemed too fancy for my camping style, and a luxury that I just couldn't afford for something I'd only be able to use occasionally. However, I think a trailer will be just right for my everyday living style. I've moved about 12 times in the last 15 years and I'm really not interested in renting another lousy apartment or buying or renting a house that is too big and too permanent for my desire for change. In addition, I'm focused on paying off student debt after going to grad school about 10 years ago to become a librarian. So keeping my living expenses at a minimum is at the top of my priorities.

My last move was a couple of years ago, back from Washington state to here in Massachusetts. I pared down to only what I could fit in my car, plus a couple of boxes of books (of course) that I had shipped out. I've done well to not acquire more stuff and have been paring down even more over the last year in anticipation of small space living. I'm currently living in a family house which will be torn down this summer and rebuilt in preparation for my relatives retiring and moving in next year. So my plan is to live in the trailer on their property this year (until it gets too cold out) and then next year I expect to be staying in a local seasonal campground.

I've found so much helpful information on this forum and I really appreciate how well organized it is (haha, yes some librarian stereotypes are true). I've also felt a lot better knowing that there are people here that are knowledgeable and friendly. As a librarian and lifelong (mainly) autodidact, I tend to do all my research and learning on my own but this forum really feels like a community so I thought I should get in on the conversation. And if I do become a Sunline owner I look forward to becoming even more a part of this community and doing my part to give back what I'm getting out of it.

Cheers,
Falcao

Old 04-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
Welcome, and good luck in your search! There's a lot to know about winter camping that you may find here, or feel free to ask! We have some experts!

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:18 AM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Falcao!

Glad you found us. This is the place for Sunline camper info or camping in general.

Feel free to ask any questions as they come up.

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote