Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-28-2021, 02:37 PM   #1

SUN #12583
XMaxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi from TX

Hi from TX.
I just recently bought a 2002 Sunline Solaris T-260sr. I am 100% new at owning and soon to be living in a RV. The condition of the RV seems to be in good shape but I am slowly checking out each area. Any tips or advice will be accepted and appreciated! Any warnings or things to watch out for are also appreciated! Also any recommendations of where I can learn about my electrical, water and gas systems? Again, I am a total newbie at this so if RV lingo is used, please explain what it means.
Thank ya'll for your time!

Old 04-30-2021, 07:37 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome XMaxX!

Congrats on your new Sunny!

We have a lot already posted on most everything camper, truck and camping related. Feel free to read on. And when you can't figure out something specific, just ask. Any and all questions welcome.

To help answer some of your questions already, tell is a little about how you will use the camper, meaning will it be parked on a seasonal site and not move, or will you be towing it to camp each time?

Also, any idea approximately how many camping trips a year you light have?

Reason for asking, we have members camp in very different ways and all are good. Just if we know a little more about how you plan on using the camper, we can hone in on specific items better to help along the learning curve when you ask for any tips and general help.

There is a lot to learn and the learning never stops, but don't let that stop you from camping. Enjoy camping and you keep learning along the way.

Lets try this for example, say you are going to tow your camper everywhere you go. That piece of info helps tell us, h'mm he needs to know about trailer tires, wheel bearings, suspension system, weight distributing hitches, brake controllers and a host of other things surround towing the camper. If the camper is parked on a seasonal site all the time, well, you do not need all the towing important stuff to start with, but then looking for water leak spots and how to maintain the camper can be more important first.

I know since this is all new to you, you do not know yet what to ask about. But that is OK, just let is know some of the area you want to know about.

Suggest this, create a new post for a certain topic, and try and limit the topic to one area verses everything at once. It really helps if you can post pictures too of an area you are talking about so we can see what you have, if a prior owner may have modified something and the help better. If you need help posting pics, let us know, we can help with that too.

The first thing to pass along, the camper is all about enjoyment and fun. So start having fun with it and let us know what specifically you need help with.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:14 PM   #3

SUN #12583
XMaxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

So I am actually planning on living full time in the camper for about a year or so.
I am slowly getting accustomed to it also. Just today I crawled under it to check where the tanks are, the sensors are, and check out the under part of the camper. Next weekend I plan to check out the roof (with help since I'm afraid of heights).
I am slowly reading up on the different files and information on here.
The moment I do not understand or can not figure out something specific, I will definitely ask ya'll!

Many thanks,
Max
Old 05-03-2021, 10:14 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMaxX View Post
Next weekend I plan to check out the roof (with help since I'm afraid of heights).
Hi Max,

On the roof, a friendly heads up, odds are high you have the standard Sunline non-walkable roof. Meaning, the roof is not made to support your concentrated weight without precautions in place. You could by accident damage the roof or go through it without doing the precautions.

In order to service the roof when you need to be up on the roof, special precautions need to be taken to spread your weight out with small sheets of plywood spanning the rafters and abrasion protection in place to protect the rubber membrane. This post can help show what to look for on the roof caulking and how to get on the roof if needed.
https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...1-a-11508.html

Using a solid step ladder and looking from the side also helps inspect things and you do not have to even climb on the roof.

Take pictures of the caulking on all the roof seams that are caulked over and post, we can help tell you, and show you which are OK or which need repair.

Good luck on your inspections.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:35 AM   #5

SUN #7095
Crabmeat is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the 2006 T264SR classic. Love it. Got any concerns, I have the original manual