Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #1

SUN #3935
j2cool is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello to all!

I just recently purchased a 16' Sunline T-1650 Travel Trailer. I have created an album titled, "1984 Sunline Travel Trailer T-1650 to share photos with everyone.

I look forward to sharing and learning with other campers. I have camp in many ways before but never in my own enclosure. I own tents and rented cabins too but this is a first I am looking forward to learning about, customizing and gearing up for a near adventure!

I have so many questions and idea I look forward to getting out there.

I am very glad to be part of the Sunline Owner's Club family newest member.

I am a professional photographer and growing artist. I love the outdoor and doing outdoor activities. As such, recycling and conservation is very important to me and the future of my children. My avatar is one of my many past time creations. It is my ambition to one day have contributed to animation world along with to get my own children's book published too. I hope my adventure can inspire some of these character and story creations for the future.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #2

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi neighbor!! Vermonters here. We seem to have many new members from NH ! This is a wonderful place to get great information on Sunlines and camping in general. I continue to be amazed at this wonderful group of people here and how much time they devote to answering questions! Pictures, diagrams, detailed instructions. You name it and you will find the experienced Sunline members posting info to help out !

2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #3

SUN #3935
Thanks so much for the welcoming here, Mellow Yellow. You tag reminds me of Bettle's song I use to hear with those word in it.

I have already gotten some wonderful advice from a couple experienced Sunline (and Senior Members). I am eager to learn and get the things I need to get my Sunline travel ready.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #4

SUN #96
rebellious78
Welcome from West Virginia!!!

David & Mary Ann
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7L Powerstroke
2006 Sunline Solaris T-264-SR
2012 Palomino Bronco B1500LB
rebellious78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the group, j2cool. Looks like you got a pretty good deal on your Sunline. A few personal touches, and a bit of TLC will have it looking fantastic.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #6

SUN #3935
Thank you all for the welcome!

I have already begun my TLC and have begun making my wishlist of items as well like an awning (and attachable screenroom) but first, I will be doing some TLC and check to see what actually works and what might need some attention. It will be fun and I am excited about it.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #7

SUN #3947
Really is an unknown quantity at this point
We've gotten our campers right around the same time - I have a new to me 1985 17 footer. It doesn't have major problems, but does need some fixing up before it will really shine. I'm trying to pace myself so I'm not spending boatloads of money all at once.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really View Post
We've gotten our campers right around the same time - I have a new to me 1985 17 footer. It doesn't have major problems, but does need some fixing up before it will really shine. I'm trying to pace myself so I'm not spending boatloads of money all at once.

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #9

SUN #3935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really View Post
Welcome, Really. I am doing the exact same thing. I do not have a lot money as it anyway. I will be pacing myself and my budget too. My priority will go into a cover to protect for the winter and checking what works along with keeping pest out. I just would like to avoid using moth ball during this process. fabric softner sheet work great for ants but I am not sure they will deter mice in the winter so I have doing research. I know plugging holes with Brillo work. Even though mice can chew threw it they do not like to eat through it. I also need to make sure hornet and the likes do not make nest too. Busy, busy busy.

Did you post pics of yours. I'd like to see them.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #10

SUN #481
clueless campers is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2cool View Post
I just would like to avoid using moth ball during this process. fabric softner sheet work great for ants but I am not sure they will deter mice in the winter so I have doing research. I know plugging holes with Brillo work. Even though mice can chew threw it they do not like to eat through it. I also need to make sure hornet and the likes do not make nest too.
I've heard that dryer sheets will keep mice out but never had a problem with mice so can't verify. I do tuck them around propane sources during storage and no longer have spiders. I have also heard that peppermint oil on cotton balls repels mice. Mothballs will leave an odor that would be hard to get rid of as apackoftwo stated in one of her posts.
clueless campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #11

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
More and more northern New Englanders I have 80 acres overlooking the White Mountains and a 6,000 acre state wildlife area maybe we all could do a meet and greet here one weekend but not until the bugs are gone! We are about 15 miles from Conway NH.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #12

SUN #3935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
More and more northern New Englanders I have 80 acres overlooking the White Mountains and a 6,000 acre state wildlife area maybe we all could do a meet and greet here one weekend but not until the bugs are gone! We are about 15 miles from Conway NH.
That actually sounds like a wonderful idea but I still need a vehicle to tow mines so I may not make anywhere any time soon this year.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #13

SUN #3935
Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless campers View Post
I've heard that dryer sheets will keep mice out but never had a problem with mice so can't verify. I do tuck them around propane sources during storage and no longer have spiders. I have also heard that peppermint oil on cotton balls repels mice. Mothballs will leave an odor that would be hard to get rid of as apackoftwo stated in one of her posts.
I can say from my own personal experience from dealing with mice when I first moved into the new house that the peppermint oil on cotton ball does not work! Sadly. I am still looking or way to keep them out of my camper over the winter because even though I do not have in the house. I have seen evidence of them in the shed and they can always come back. I am not a cat person and my children are allergic so that option is out. If only snakes could be trained to hunt them. ha ha
Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #14

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Take a look at the Maine Mouse Trap - THE MAINE MOUSE-AH ® WE'RE BACK! The last mousetrap you'll ever buy! ®

We actually bought one (before they had that cool picture online) and um... kind of figured out how to make a similar contraption. Since then, we have made a bunch of them out of cat litter buckets. Important to use RV antifreeze so pets and kids stay safe and then you can easily dispose of the preserved mice.

2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote