Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-01-2022, 07:39 PM   #1

SUN #13122
Camperfor4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello! I'm so excited!

Hey everyone! After much research into campers, myself, my wife, and our 2 little boys got ourselves into. 2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T-2475! It's awesome!!!!! It needs some repairs, but all-in-all, it's in great shape and we're so excited to start using it this spring!

Any advice/words of wisdom are welcome, as experience of others is one of the world's most valuable resources, in my opinion.

Speaking of experience, does anyone have any with flipping the suspension to increase ground clearance? Easy to do/have done? Ill-advised? The placed I like to go camping and would like to take my family camping are pretty far out there and I would like to be able to make it there without getting grounded haha.

Anyway, I really can't say how excited we are about this and how excited I am about finding this community!

My advance appreciation for amy and all advice or info,, and my best wishes to you all!!!!

P.S., I'm also looking for a manual for this if anyone has any pointers. Thank you!

Old 03-01-2022, 09:00 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Camperfor4,

Welcome and congrats on your new Sunny! Good times ahead.

You asked this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperfor4 View Post
Any advice/words of wisdom are welcome, as experience of others is one of the world's most valuable resources, in my opinion.
That is one large topic! The best words of wisdom, have fun doing all this. We have lots of fond memories in our Sunny, and all the friends we have meet along the way.

We have a lot of topics already posted, read on. And don't be afraid to ask questions, any and all are encouraged. There are no dumb questions, only ones you need help with. So ask away if you cannot find something already posted.

To your question on "flipping" the axles. This is really an over/under axle conversion, but the common, axle flip terminology is understood. I have done several of them, and all have been good and solved the lower clearance issues of why they where done. It does come with two realizations though and if you can over come them, then go for it.

1. You will need an extra step to get into the camper. The one step that Sunline provided will be too big a jump to the ground once you raise the camper. You can add a separate sturdy portable step or change out the single step on the camper for a 2 step unit.

2. If you are using a weight distribution hitch, or even a draw bar ball mount, it will need to be readjusted once you change the height of the camper. And you "might" have to buy a new hitch shank to level out the camper with the new height if your existing one cannot be adjusted enough.

Both of those are not hard to overcome, just realize they will come along with the axle flip. We can help with any of this, just ask.

We have many threads already on this, try the Google Custom Search link in my signature. Book mark it too for future use. Our Admin made this for us to search the forum and it works much better then the imbedded search engine of our forum search feature. Just type in "axle flip" and or "over/under axle conversion" and read on. Dexter makes a kit for the over/under axle conversion that make this easy to do.

Hope this helps and happy camping this season.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:02 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
To your owners manual quest, we have copies of the owners manuals here on our site in our files section.

Our FILES section, is a great resource of Sunline info. Including most all of the sale brochures, camper owners manuals, appliance manuals and other good stuff.

The sales brochure has a lot of good info on your model camper that is hard to come by in one organized spot. Just scroll to your year and download a copy. Same for the owners manuals.

To get to the FILES section, you have to be logged in. Look up top along the forum for the words "FILES". That is a tab, click it. Then select the area you want to go to can read on for hours, days, maybe even weeks...

A heads up, RV camper owners manuals are not like an automobile owners manual that gives exact instructions on most everything in your auto. The camper owners manual talks more in general and things to help you along the way. For the actual appliances, there are owners manuals with very detail info in them from the manufacturer of the appliance. We have many of those in the files section too. If your model is not there, give us the make and model no. on the appliance and we can help search for it too, then add it to our files section for future help to others.

You are also welcome to ask any and all questions about your camper. Just create a post in the appropriate forums and ask away. We have many areas already answered in old posts, but we have no problem with asking questions you need help on.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 11:05 AM   #4

SUN #402
flbradjr
Axle Flip We asked the same question a few years ago. And we did it last year on our T-2753. Works great. It was done by a local Trailer shop and I think the $$$ was in 3-400 dollar range. There is a wealth of info on this site if you want to do it yourself.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:32 PM   #5

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to SOC! This is a great site to learn and get your questions answered. Happy camping!

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote