Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #1

SUN #7736
Bee-Jen is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello from Quebec

Hello everyone. I'm Jennifer and I'm from Québec, Canada. I inherited a 2008 T2675 Transport (made in 2006 based on sticker on trailer?) this year after my father passed away. It's a very neat unit overall. This is the first time I've owned an RV and have actual maintenance to do, as opposed to being a kid and enjoying only the fun camping aspects. I am a structural engineer and a beekeeper.

Unfortunately, due to my father's cancer, my TT was not maintained for 3 years and I've had water infiltration in the front roof area which will require some major work. Having read through many of the repair posts on here, I'm going to be attacking the problem myself. Within the next week or so, i'll be starting to peel back the edpm on the first 6-8 feet to replace and repair the damage and then install a plywood base (no more budboard for the front of my trailer). I will also later (next spring) have work to do in the garage area as the floor is soft in the corner due to a break in the fiberglass siding in the back (appears to have hit something in the corner while it was backing up, not sure when that happened).

Here's to a Learning experience!

Old 09-14-2015, 12:44 PM   #2

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the SOC.

Sorry about your father.

When you can post some pictures. We like to see pictures of member's trailers.

Please feel free to ask questions. You noted that you have experience navigating the site. There is a wealth of info here.

Enjoy.

P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:14 PM   #3

SUN #7736
Here is a profile view of my T2675

Overall, things are in good shape with the exception of the roof.... hopefully the front wall isn't too bad. From the inside, no soft spots, no particular odor. This picture was taken after initial cleaning. I applied a coat of rubber membrane protector/coating specifically made for RV's that my father had purchased.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
If I remember correctly PART of the roof on the toyhauler is made to walk on.......maybe someone else can chime in......

As brunjin said.....if you have questions....ask 'cause the only dump question is the one that is not asked.......

Sorry about your Dad's passing....
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:27 AM   #5

SUN #7736
You are correct in that the back end (over the garage area near the ladder) is a walk-on section. I can tell where the end of the osb section is based on the stiffness and it is located just pas the vent in the garage area. The picture above is taken over the front end.

I'm hoping to start work on it over the weekend. Unfortunately, I'll be working outdoors, so I will be purchasing a 20x40ft tarp that I'll be fastening over the whole thing and pulling back the front section for work in the daytime. I'll be borrowing scoffolding from family so I should have access on all sides in the work area.

Thank you both for your condolences. This would actually have been a very fun project to tackle with my father as I'm sure that not only would we have fixed the damage and sealed it all up, we'd have come up with something fun and new to add in there while we had it open.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:21 AM   #6

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
We looked at a toy hauler at one time - but the leaving area of it was just too small for my wants!!!! I thought the walk on was in the rear but I was not 100% sure - glad you were able to determine where it is!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:29 PM   #7

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the forum Jennifer. Also sorry to hear about your father.

I wonder if the wrinkles in the picture are just from the snow load last Winter. I hear you got even more up North than we did in New England. The rafters look like they have the proper shape and the board between rafters that holds the TV antenna looks ok. Maybe removing a light fixture inside will let you peek in from the inside. Do you know for sure that you had water inside the front?

As others said, no question here is considered dumb.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:40 PM   #8

SUN #7736
Yes, I had water damage inside over the bed sometime over the summer. I had been in the trailer in early May and checked around inside and there had not been any water damage in the front.

When I started looking at the trailer seriously in mid-august, there had been the water damage (also a bit in the bathroom but I've re-done the cracked dicor around the skylight in the shower and other vents in the area). The sealant along the front screws was cracked over many inches and has pulled back. I am guessing that with the visible waving and snow/rain weight, the membrane was being pulled back. I took down a cover that allowed me to put my hand into the insulation and it was dry in that area, but the actual water 'exit' point was located about 3 feet away from the cover.

I do however think that the snow didn't help me case, but if it was all due to snow, I should also have the 'same' amount of give over the rest of the trailer that doesn't have a walk roof. I should have a pretty good idea what it all looks like by the end of this weekend or the next, along with pictures posted of the work.