Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #1

SUN #4890
OBrienP23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello from Northern NY

Hello! My wife and I recently picked up an immaculate 1995 Sunline T2653 for next to nothing. We got rid of our old mid 80's Prowler Regal TT. With the temperatures warming up here (heat wave today at 45!) we are looking forward to the camping season. Can anybody recommend a good place for parts? There is very little wrong with the camper but I have the lenses from two exterior lights missing, may have to replace or remove the microwave (Power to it's ooutlet but the microwave has no power), and last but certainly not least I found two small leaks I want to fix before they turn into a problem. If you remove the access panel for the shower faucet there are the two 1/2" stems with plastic lock nuts that come through from the faucet assembly. I need to replace the two 90 degree elbows that screw onto the stems and then connect to the plastic piping. Might see if I can just find a pex fitting to work.

Thanks!

Pat

Old 03-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #2

SUN #3415
Ham Radio Op is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

Welcome to the SOC (Sunline Owners Club)!

Congratulations on the new to you 1995 Sunline T-2653. Sounds like you got a nice trailer and a great deal. There are a lot of threads on the site that will prove helpful. There are also many very knowledgeable people who are great resources. The forums and files at the top of this page are very helpful.

Again, welcome to the club. You'll soon hear from many others who will be able to provide answers to your questions.

1992 T-2251 - Our first Sunline
2007 T-2553 - Our second Sunline
2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT
Ham Radio Op is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome Pat! Post some pics of your new trailer if you get a chance!

The exterior light lenses are standard Bargman #68 series. You can get those online or at your local dealer. You can often get just the lens, but you can get the socket included too if your old one is corroded (which happens when moisture gets in the light).

The microwave is a little scary. It's essentially a microwave you could buy at the store, but a model that the manufacturer also happens to make a cabinet mount trim ring for. Is yours a Goldstar? My dad had the entire control pad/circuit board go bad on the Dometic microwave in his trailer last fall and the replacement did the trick.

I'd recommend contacting RepairClinic.com. He got his board there and they carry parts for just about every manufacturer of household appliances out there, and at reasonable prices too. They might be able to help you diagnose the problem and/or what parts you need for it. Of course make sure you have the make and model/serial number info (probably on a sticker on the back) before calling.

The faucet problem can be challenging. Often times the faucets themselves crack, and since no one really sells parts for these, you are forced into buying a whole new faucet. Good news is they're easy to change out. If it's actually the hose end, then you can crimp a new end on, assuming you have enough hose there. You may have to cut it down a ways and splice in a new, longer piece to make it reach. Of course you don't want to have much slack in the hose because you don't want water to puddle or freeze.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #4

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wanted to say hello! We're from Vermont, not sure what part of Northern NY you are from, but maybe we are neighbors. There is a wonderful Adirondack Meet and Greet in September at Nick's Lake in Old Forge. We went for the first time last year and it is really fun and a nice way to meet other Sunline folks!
2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #5

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, if you're in Northern NY you must check out the Adirondack Meet and Greet under the Sunline Owners Meet and Greet heading and consider making reservations soon in Old Forge. They won't be available for too much longer in Loop C.

Welcome.
2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #6

SUN #4890
OBrienP23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry for the delay in the reply! When people ask where my wife and I live I usually say from New York City (Because that is the one reference most people know) drive straight north until you hit Canada and then drive west an hour. We are in Massena, right on the border. We actually were just talking about Old Forge for a trip this summer. That whole area is beautiful!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #7

SUN #3152
cuffer101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi OBrien, My wife and I are from near Plattsburgh. We go camping quite abit at Coles Creek , Fish Creek and Meacham Lake. There are a bunch of us around the Northern NY and Vermont. Check out the M&G at Old Forge, We had a blast last year there. Chuck and Terry.

2012 GMC SIERRA 3/4 TON DIESEL
2003 T2499, Selling, Sold. Miss It!
2005 Cardinal 29 WBLX
cuffer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #8

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Leo and I always get the shortest distance award for the M&G in Old Forge - it is practically in our back yard! Maybe 2 miles from the house.....so if anyone forgets anything we are close enough to run home for it! LOL

Come join us in September - it is a very laid back weekend of meeting new friends and old!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote