Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #21

SUN #1635
vanhakke is an unknown quantity at this point
Beaverdam, Michigan

Kevin and Georgetta,

Thank you for the welcome. We are so happy with the warm response, so far.

We were just on that side of the state (Manistee) at Orchard Beach State Park, and later at Leelanau State Park. There are so many beautiful vistas in our state. Makes it hard to leave, doesn't it. But we all do from time to time.

Thanks again. Good luck.

Dennis & Marie

Two cats, Arty and Tobi: The May/December romance.
vanhakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #22

SUN #1635
Detailed Photos of Mods

JohnB,

Thanks for the detailed photos. I'm begining to think that there is a tutorial, here, for anything we need. Very good to know. It does, indeed, look like I could have done it myself. But, I'm still inclined to let the professionals to it, just this one time.

I know that I can, and I WILL, remove the sofa from the frame.

As mentioned, I'll post when we get the work done. We expect that it will be an extremely comfortable upgrade. Others will probably be eager to see it.

Thanks again.

Dennis

Old 10-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #23

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhakke View Post
Others will probably be eager to see it.

Thanks again.

Dennis

yes we will!!!! We love pics of mods, fixes and just about anything you can think of!!!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #24

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
John,
You are a trip!
You seem to have detail pictures of everything, - even our (formerly your) great T-2499!
How do you find them when you want to show a particular detail?
Roar

Roar, LOL The pic's.... you should hear Cindy sometimes. "Why are you taking a picture of that?" Well.... they do come in handy! Especially when trying to convey to someone how something works or goes together. The old saying, a picture is worth a million words for sure rings true.

The age of digital pic's has changed the entire tech writing ways of doing maintenance manuals or service bulletins. Getting your point across with a picture, some arrows drawn on it and words has a far more reaching effect then a big paragraph of words. I do create tech manuals at work from time to time and it spills over here on SOC....

Now how to find them.... well the key is remembering I already uploaded it... and then what month and year did I take them.... My photobucket account is hit on often by many camper folks. And when I'm on the hunt for some info, I too search out pics from others and it really helps, so I pass it back along.

Since the 2nd camper I have started out better subdividing as built and modifications so I can find it on my photobucket site. I just backed up my data from my hard drive last week and come to find out I have acculmated 35 gig... of pics and camper repair manuals. Stuff adds up... But I think Sunline Fan still has be beat... And like Jon stated sometimes I forget where I put it and after searching for 30 minutes I recreate a new one once I search thru the raw pics again.... This has only happened a hand full of times, but does happen.

I also take pics of every camping trip. Cindy says, they are all the same how can you tell the difference? Well I can tell all so far, have not forgotten any , "yet"...

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #25

SUN #778
Viking is an unknown quantity at this point
John,
You've got me beat many times over.
I tried that "photobucket" thing, but I never figured out how to get from there to posting a picture on SOC. I tried a picture of the pole barn my son and I are building to shelter our TTs, but I could never make it work. Just call me computer illiterate.
Roar
Old 10-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #26

SUN #89
Quote:
JohnB,

Thanks for the detailed photos. I'm begining to think that there is a tutorial, here, for anything we need. Very good to know. It does, indeed, look like I could have done it myself. But, I'm still inclined to let the professionals to it, just this one time.

Dennis
Dennis,

SOC is for sure unique and grows stronger every day. While we started when Sunline was still in business now that they are no longer, we have become a self help group of fellow campers.

Our knowledge base continues to grow and expand Sunlines as new members find us. So far there has not been too many things that the collective SOC members have not been able to help point someone on how to help themselves.

For your coach we have a large population here that knows your camper just about right down to the screws that hold it together. So ask away. Someone will chime in.

And yes we really would like to see the chair outcome. I myself have tossed around the idea of changing out the jacknife sofa for a pull out air bed. However we have an outside access hole that I do not want to loose my storage space under the sofa. So for now, Jack stays....

Good luck

John

Old 10-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #27

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
John,
You've got me beat many times over.
I tried that "photobucket" thing, but I never figured out how to get from there to posting a picture on SOC. I tried a picture of the pole barn my son and I are building to shelter our TTs, but I could never make it work. Just call me computer illiterate.
Roar
Roar

Post a question on this post and give us the address of your photobucket.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...club-7650.html

We will walk you thru it. The new forum works easier the old forum software and it is truly a 1 click copy and paste here on SOC out of Photobucket now.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #28

SUN #778
Viking is an unknown quantity at this point
John,
Yes, I looked at the instructions in that post, but to no avail!
Roar
Old 10-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #29

SUN #1635
SOC Self Help

JohnB,

We've only been members for about a week, and already we have learned a lot of really good tips. This will be a great experience. DW and I were just talking that a support group like this might have heped us save our old 2000 Rockwood, that finally died from leaks that we could not find. Specifically: figure how a trailer has its wall and floor rot out when the roof is intact and no cracks or leaks can be found. But that is history. We made the right choice with our Sunline.

Jon's tip about the carpet board is one that we will implement right away.
We'll be tearing into the mods this coming Tuesday.

Viking,

I'm with you when it comes to posting photos. I'm pretty computer savvy, but I'll need help when the time comes to post the chair pics.

Poppy and Nana,

One way or the other, we'll get pics to you on the chair mods. Somebody will be able to help me get them on board.
We have noted your M&G in Sept. next year. Could we assume that you would be acting as hosts? We were planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway next autumn. Perhaps Old Forge would be a great place to start from ?

Dennis (Vanhakke)
Old 10-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #30

SUN #809
ihsolutions
That's what I've always loved about SOC. Even though I now have a Heartland product I still come here to learn from the pics and narratives. Plus, just a terrific bunch of folks.

There's a great group over on the Heartland forums too, but people rarely post pics and it drives me nuts. Especially when they're asking for help in identifying an issue. You get these really long narratives of "the slide trim fascia where it meets the plastic strip next to the screw right below the roof edge near the corner of the inside slide seal..." You get the idea. Where a picture an and arrow would have required no words at all.
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD D/A DRW, Classy Chassis Conversion, aka "Garage Queen II"
Hensley Trailersaver BD3 Air Hitch
ihsolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #31

SUN #89
Quote:
JohnB,

Viking,

I'm with you when it comes to posting photos. I'm pretty computer savvy, but I'll need help when the time comes to post the chair pics.

Dennis (Vanhakke)
Dennis/Roar, tonight I will update the how to post a pic post as this has now come up 3 times in the last 2 weeks. The older post is slighlty out of date but does still work. With the new forum software, and if you use photobucket as a web photo server, it is truly a "copy" to your clipboard the right img string and then "paste" right here in a note and wa la! the picture appears. Many other photo servers do this as well now a days. The ley is understanding what the forum software needs to import the pic

More to come later tonight.

John

Old 10-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #32

SUN #89
Roar and Dennis, See here on an update for pic posting. http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...html#post91613

Old 11-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #33

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
JohnB,

Poppy and Nana,

One way or the other, we'll get pics to you on the chair mods. Somebody will be able to help me get them on board.
We have noted your M&G in Sept. next year. Could we assume that you would be acting as hosts? We were planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway next autumn. Perhaps Old Forge would be a great place to start from ?

Dennis (Vanhakke)
Well not really we ALL kinda HOST it......but we have it kinda organized and we just meet, eat, drink and be merry.....and kayak and hike and do what ever else strikes our fancy!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote