Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #1

SUN #408
partimcmpr
Hello from Cherie and David - Fayetteville, Georgia

Hello to everyone in the group. I have been hanging around the forums for about a week, so it is time I introduce my wife and I.

We became Sunline owners after purchasing our first camper, a 2553, from Sagon RV in late June, 2007. Though we had plenty of tent camping experience between family camping and scout camping, we had limited 'camper' camping experience. I spent a few nights in two different campers my brother has had in the past few years and made my purchase based on some coaching from his wife on what features we would want to have. I feel like we did OK for a first purchase in getting a Sunline 2553.

I also purchased a TV to pull it with. My old Dodge did ok, but I knew I would feel more comfortable with a little more truck, so I purchased a 2007 Chevrolet 2500HD work truck. It really is a 'no frills' work truck. It has the 6.0L gas engine and heavy duty automatic transmission and towing package. Other than that, almost no extras. (Did you know they still made vehicles with windows that have to be rolled up and manual door locks?) I added an ARE fiberglass camper shell along with a BedRug bedliner, and some running boards so my wife could climb into the truck to round out the package. The truck and shell are black making it look like a secret service vehicle. The truck is primarily used for towing the trailer and for occaisional errands when I need that 'I drive a truck' feeling.

As for our camping plans ... Our college age kids keep hanging around, so we decided this was the way to get some quiet time. Our plans are to visit state and national parks in the southeast, mostly in Georgia, during the spring and fall. We will probably camp on Army Corp lake sites during the summer as we have relatives with boats and jet skis that spend the summer on Lake Allatoona.

I look forward to meeting some of the Sunliners on the forums. It seems a great group of people hang out here.

Talk to you soon,
David and Cherie

2006 Sunline T2553 Classic
https://dbmcbride.com/stttv.gif
partimcmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #2

SUN #139
Al in PA
David & Cherie:

Welcome. We purchased our 2553 on Black Friday in November 2006. I always liked the heavier duty Chevy work truck, but I ended up with a 1500 Silverado with the 5.3L engine. It pulls the Sunline with no problems, but my towing mileage leaves something to be desired (9 - 11 mpg, depending upon speed and wind). You have a great combination. I'm sure you'll love it. That fiberglass shell is great for keeping all your extra gear dry and secure.

2007 T-2553
2003 Silverado 1500
Al in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #3

SUN #359
ttfn
Hi David and Cherie...we purchased our little Que from Sagon in July. Not totally thrilled with the sales staff, but quite thrilled with the Que and with the price. We drove over from North Alabama, and then camped at Mt. Cheaha state Park in Alabama on the way home. Hope you got a chance to eat at Buckner's (just down the street from Sagon). Great country cooking in a unique little resataurant! We hope to spend some time in Georgia State Parks, so if you see the B-R-Q, come by to say hi!
Old 09-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #4

SUN #408
partimcmpr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn
Hi David and Cherie...we purchased our little Que from Sagon in July. Not totally thrilled with the sales staff, but quite thrilled with the Que and with the price. We drove over from North Alabama, and then camped at Mt. Cheaha state Park in Alabama on the way home. Hope you got a chance to eat at Buckner's (just down the street from Sagon). Great country cooking in a unique little resataurant! We hope to spend some time in Georgia State Parks, so if you see the B-R-Q, come by to say hi!
How did you like Cheaha state park? That is on my list to visit.

The sales guy I worked with is now in training in the service department. He was OK, but not extremely helpful. If I had not had the coaching from my brother and his wife I would have been lost. Of course, I had the same issue when looking for trucks. No one can advise you on a tow vehicle.

I will keep a look out for you!

Later,
David
Old 09-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the group and congrat on you Sunline purchase. Being down south, you'll have a longer season to use yours compared to me

You have a quality TT, and routine maintenance will keep it pristine !!

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:33 PM   #6

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Take it from a former 'college kid hanging around'- we NEVER go away! I still live down the street from my folks!

Welcome!
Old 09-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #7

SUN #231
Deb B
Hi David and Cherie,

Welcome to the Sunline family. We bought our T2363 from Sagon in April. We live near Lake Allatoona and go to Bartow Beach Campground. It is small but run by some great people. Unfortunately it closes at the end of the month. Reopens in April - I think.

ttfn, we too went to Buckner's and loved it!

Deb
4x4, 5.7, 3:73 gears
Towing package
Deb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #8

SUN #114
pamwinn
Did you camp recently at Indian Springs. I think I saw you.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #9

SUN #408
partimcmpr
Must have been someone else. We have Indian Springs on our list but have not made it there yet.

We were at a park near Blairsville this weekend. I'll try to post the name and some pics soon.

David