Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #1

SUN #11625
Homerite is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello From Alaska

We just purchased a 2002 Solaris T2553. We own a cabin rental business in Homer Alaska and have 2 RV hook ups on the property too. We stopped renting out the sites as nightly hook ups for tourists a while ago (cutting back on our work load as we move into retirement). We plan on parking the trailer long term in one of the spots and expect it will be used only for the summer months for family (our daughter next summer), as peak season our cabins are usually booked. This is the first RV trailer we've owned and we'll spend the winter months getting to know how it works and read up on things to do for maintenance. It was winterized by prior owner already. The rig is really clean, no need for any interior renovations for now and no sign of leaks. It was stored indoors last few years. We are the third owners, but fortunately the manufacturer manual (3 ring binder) is still intact and gave us a good jump start in the learning curve. We found this website when researching some basic information about Sunline manufacturing - looks like a GREAT resource for newbies like us. Thanks for the welcome to the site - looking forward to sharing our experiences. Peter and Clare

Old 10-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #2

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Peter and Clare,

Wow, Alaska! Congrats on your new-to-you Sunline.

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:58 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Peter and Clare!

Congrats on your new Sunny!

You have come to the right place for Sunline info. Any and all questions are welcome.

And we like seeing pics of Sunlines in action! Consider posting some pic sometime.

Happy camping

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:24 AM   #4

SUN #2943
Tod Osier is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome. Not many sunlines local in AK, the only one I’ve seen was at the klutina River campground as a permanent.

2006 Sunline T-1950
2019 Ford F-250
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tod Osier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #5

SUN #11534
yeeeha is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats! I looked at the trailer when it was offered for $9K. I offered $7500 which I thought was top dollar based on other sales and the age of the trailer. He refused, said the absolute rock bottom he would take would be $8800. Weeks later I saw the ad was still there but the price was lowered to $8K. I never called back. Hope you did well!
Old 10-18-2019, 12:59 PM   #6

SUN #11625
Homerite is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello Yeeha - are you in Alaska (on the Kenai Peninsula) too?

Andy, the prior owner, did mention he had a $7500 offer and didn't accept it then and still wouldn't go that low when we offered the same. For our circumstances, paying a bit more and having him move the trailer for us worked out. We have since been able to go over the mechanical of the rig and all checks out, so no buyer remorse yet. What brings you to this forum, do you own a Sunline too?
Old 10-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #7

SUN #11534
yeeeha is an unknown quantity at this point
I live on the peninsula close to Soldotna. I had no issues with the trailer at all. It was clean but a bit dated. I knew resealing everything, especially penetrations on the roof was in my near future as a maintenance issue. I've done it before. It's not difficult but it certainly is a lot of work to do it right. The trailer was in quite a bit of sun and the sealant showed it. I felt my offer was top dollar for the trailer and wasn't going to go any higher. I can't help that he overpaid! It's a nice unit and I'm sure it will suit your needs. I joined this forum as a result of my dealings with Andy and will probably go outside and buy a Sunliner. The selection is better and the prices are certainly more reasonable! They are nice trailers.

Tags
2002, 2553, alaska