Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #1

SUN #570
Chickadee
Hello fellow Sunliners

Hi to all.
I'm so glad to have found this site. My husband Bob and I have been camping for several years. We started with a two man tent, upgraded to a 12x12 tent when our son arrived then quickly realized we needed to upgrade to a camper of some sort when our daughter arrived. A family member had a twenty one foot 1971 Yellowstone TT complete with orange, brown and avacado floral color scheme. It served us fine until old age began taking it's toll so off to the RV shows we went.
That's when we discovered the Sunline. What quality! We found a 2002, 2553 Solaris TT at a local dealer that had only been used 2 years.
( You should have seen his face when we drove our "flower power" model in for trade in. Priceless!)

We couldn't be happier with our 2553. The floor plan works perfect for us. So much storage room. We don't miss the slides since we spend most of our time outside anyway.

We have been dry camping Nickerson State Park on Cape Cod for over 20 years. (No hookups at MA state parks) Now that the kids have grown we have secured a seasonal site at a private campground on the Cape so we can enjoy our camper more often. Since we are new to seasonal camping I'll be interested to learn from all of you that are experienced.

Lookin forward to a great camping season. Deb & Bob

Old 04-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #2

SUN #408
partimcmpr
Welcome to the club. I think you will find a lot of help if ever needed from this group. We have a 2553 as well. It is perfect for the two of us. We camp mostly weekends with a couple of longer trips when time permits.

ParTimCmpr

2006 Sunline T2553 Classic
https://dbmcbride.com/stttv.gif
partimcmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:29 PM   #3

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the site

My family had a seasonal site in Ocean City, MD for many years.

The biggest mistake I saw people make was to leave the valve open on their Black tank since they had a sewer connection. You need to maintain a level of liquid in the tank to keep the solids from collecting in the tank and the volume of water when you open it to flush everything out. Of course, This was before we had flushing systems We did leave our grey tank open all the time without any ill effects, but I saw many people with big time problems thinking the black tank could stay open.

I was nice when we upgraded to a Park Model that didn't have any tanks.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Deb & Bob!

Welcome to the "bestest" site on the www!

You will find a group of knowledgeable, friendly people on this forum....and if you have any questions.....just ask away! Someone will know the answer or know someone who will know the answer!

Welcome! Enjoy your Sunline! Everyone on this site sure does!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote