Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-18-2016, 08:20 PM   #1

SUN #8170
Chophead69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everyone

Hi, new guy here. My family and I just brought a 1998 sunline T-2753. We previously owned a 2004 keystone that had 2 slides and was 28 ft long. I will never ever own another keystone again! From the 1st weekend I took it out I regretted my decision to buy it.

At the time my wife took a new job and we moved 3hrs away from our home and we lived in it for a year. It was just a poorly built camper. The floors were weak,the shower stall cracked, the ac broke and so on. But we fixed it and when a tree limb fell on it we had a whole new roof put on and had the floor fixed.

So time goes on and I didn't use the keystone for almost 2yrs. So a few weeks ago we took it out to a local camp ground. Well we found the floor under the slide in the living room had rotted out and the front wall of the camper above the window had rotted also. Sad sad day....

Well thank god we had proper insurance on the keystone and we decided that since we had already owned a sunline we would look for another. I always felt they were better built and just alot nicer in my opinion. So when I found the exact same year,color,make and model as our 1st sunline and the fact it's almost like stepping back in 1998 because it's so well cared for and nice.

This may not have slides and has less room. Plus now we have a dog and a 6 yr old lil girl plus my son is 13 but hey its got a queen bed and a door. (I have a 1100 full size queen mattress tho lol) also a 32 flat screen in there so yes I have what I need.

I did forget how low they sit but we made it up the driveway and that's a good thing. I have forgotten a few things since owning my 1st sunline and decided joining this site was a good thing to do. I still can't believe sunline folded. They were made right down the road from me. Sad because I have looked at quite a few campers and I still think our decision to buy a 1998 sunline was the best one. Plus my dually doesn't even know it's back there lol

Anyway hello everyone!

Old 03-19-2016, 06:33 AM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your new to you Sunny. If you have any questions or need a refresher on something.....this is the place to be!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:00 AM   #3

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome ! Hope you can make it to the PA (Buttonwood) meet and greet in June. It is a lot of fun !
2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:33 PM   #4

SUN #8170
Well considering Mexico is only a hr and few mins away I believe we can definitely try!!!!
Old 03-20-2016, 08:15 PM   #5

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
It says something very positive about a company that you would return to owning a Sunline - wish they were still making trailers. Welcome to the SOC! Hopefully, we'll meet you at Buttonwood.

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:19 AM   #6

SUN #8170
Over the years I have said many times
"I wished I never traded that sunline in on this keystone".
But I did and I had to live with that. There was many reasons for me wishing I still owned it. It was easier to tow. It was very well built. It was my wifes and I 1st camper together. It was paid for....
I really thought at the time I had made a good decision on buying that keystone but I realized very soon afterwards I was wrong.
Let me make something clear..... I did look at other rv's before buying this sunline but it was in comparison only. I knew when I saw this one I was buying it. It's a little smaller lol then the keystone and I did like the slides and with 2 kids and a dog I am glad I Atleast have a door to shut them out lol. But again it's paid for and all I feel we need. Plus the fact it's clean and was taken care of helps so much.
We spent most of the weekend buying new pillows,sheets and comforter. Plus new towels and I had to buy my wife new pot and pan set to buy a new coffee maker and a frying pan but it was worth it imo. I am looking forward to nicer weather so I can remove some of the decals and find out about having new ones made. And a good washing and waxing is in order.currently I am looking for aluminum wheels for it.... just a personal thing lol. I am very proud to buy another sunny and over the years I have always mentioned to others my fondness for them. I agree it says something when you buy the same make ,model,year and color as the 1st one you owned. But life as a funny way of giving you second chances.