Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-09-2022, 02:30 PM   #1

SUN #12035
Glassman is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello, 1980 T-1350.

I inherited an 1980 T-1350 from my dad a couple years ago. He refurbished most of it but died before getting the cushions reupholstered. Anyway we still haven't covered the foam and there seems to be a short in the clearance light wiring. That didn't stop us from going camping in May. I've been trying to figure out the wiring but thats for another thread. That was also a first time for my wife and I going RV camping. We used to primitive tent camp. It was a good learning experience for us. I have exterior pics only right now.

Old 10-11-2022, 11:12 AM   #2

SUN #13278
Thekid710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice looking camper (and wagon! )

Old 10-11-2022, 06:54 PM   #3

SUN #12035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid710 View Post
Nice looking camper (and wagon! )
Thank you.

I'll get interior pics of the trailer soon. The wagon is a 1978 and I thought it would look cool if the Pinto was towing it. So I set the tongue of the trailer on the bumper of the Pinto and took the pics.

The Pinto is a bit of a sleeper because it has a turbocharged, intercooled, fuel injected 2.3l engine and a 5 speed. Runs mid to low 13s in the 1/4 at 105-107 mph. That's with the stock size wheels, just like it sits.

I think its cool that my Dad put Pinto hubcaps on the trailer.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:02 PM   #4

SUN #13278
Wow that’s a pretty quick car for sure. Must be fun to blast past new “hotrods” at red lights. Your Dad sounds like he was a pretty awesome guy. A man after my own heart, campers and funky old cars and such. It’s a nice tribute to him that you keep the old gals going in his memory. God bless him, and you , on your new adventures with his old toys. I’m sure he’d be proud to know you are keeping them rolling!
Old 10-13-2022, 07:30 AM   #5

SUN #12035
Whoops
I built the Pinto. Sorry for the way it's written. My Dad was an old school "Greaser", even wore the white t-shirt with a pack of cigarettes under one sleeve. He got me into cars. It is a blast to surprise a lot of "hotrods". Thank you for the kind words. I'm sure he is proud and happy I was able to fix the clearance light problem yesterday. I think he will be with us on our adventures.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:24 PM   #6

SUN #11755
Torskdoc423 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice rig's. The Pinto threw me for a bit, but you explained it in the next post.....WHEW!! But it's a not so good idea to be out in front of the pack in a Pinto, unless you've got an 8" "I" beam for a rear bumper, LOL!

Larry
Torskdoc423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 01:25 PM   #7

SUN #13278
Ah, my mistake but I guess I wasn’t far off. I’m probably gonna get Pinto hubcaps for my trailer too, I have only 3 out of 4 of the original Sunline caps. They’re rare as hens teeth it seems. I keep an eye on eBay and Craigslist , figures I’ve found the right style but in 14”. Oh well for now I just painted the Steelies black.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:03 AM   #8

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome!

Wow, that is a great restoration! That swept down roof is unique. I have only seen them in the brochures.

Have fun with your Sunline adventures and we look forward to hearing about them.

A turbocharged pinto... that is different . Up here in the rust belt, they are far and few in-between to ever seen one now a days. Out of curiosity, what year is the pinto? I have not seen one since I was a kid.

Thanks for sharing your pics. Nice to see.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 06:18 PM   #9

SUN #12035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torskdoc423 View Post
Nice rig's. The Pinto threw me for a bit, but you explained it in the next post.....WHEW!! But it's a not so good idea to be out in front of the pack in a Pinto, unless you've got an 8" "I" beam for a rear bumper, LOL!
If you're talking about them catching fire in a rear-end accident? The wagons don't have that problem. If you mean the bumper will fall off because of the weight? You might be right!
Old 10-14-2022, 06:22 PM   #10

SUN #12035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid710 View Post
Ah, my mistake but I guess I wasn’t far off. I’m probably gonna get Pinto hubcaps for my trailer too, I have only 3 out of 4 of the original Sunline caps. They’re rare as hens teeth it seems. I keep an eye on eBay and Craigslist , figures I’ve found the right style but in 14”. Oh well for now I just painted the Steelies black.
The Pinto hubcaps do look good on the old trailers in my opinion. My Dad was having just as hard of a time and said he got a good deal on a set of four Pinto caps. Good thing is now I can put one on the spare and have one left over. I might put a cover on the spare though. I just got a bumper mount for the spare.

Quote:
Welcome!

Wow, that is a great restoration! That swept down roof is unique. I have only seen them in the brochures.

Have fun with your Sunline adventures and we look forward to hearing about them.

A turbocharged pinto... that is different . Up here in the rust belt, they are far and few in-between to ever seen one now a days. Out of curiosity, what year is the pinto? I have not seen one since I was a kid.

Thanks for sharing your pics. Nice to see.

John
Thanks for the welcome.

I thought the single story (haha) camper was the norm until I started searching these forums. You confirmed they are rare. I rather have it like this one instead of the one with the bunk. Seems to be a little more headroom. It would be hard to fit more than 2 people in this one though.

You probably know already know that it got a lot of attention at the campground. Seemed a most want a trailer this size but with the bathroom. I don't blame them. I've been real busy and can't spend much time on the net yet. I do have plans to post up more threads in different topics. Took me two years for my first post.

The Pinto is a 1978. Originally came with a v6, power steering, power brakes, automatic and air conditioning. Intermittent wipers were a surprise for me! I took out the PS, PB, A/C, V6 and auto. I had started in N.H. with a 1980 wagon from Cape Cod but gave up on it because of rust. I waited until we moved to Florida and found this one with no rust. I've had it for over 17 years.

Here's is an older picture of the engine bay.

You're welcome for the pictures. I have a million of the Pinto but less than a dozen of the Trailer. That will change here soon enough.