Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #1

SUN #10310
Cindy Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello

I am buying a 10 foot 1978 sunline. Picking it up next week. I am giving up my home - storage and donation for everything. I am planning to boondock a lot living off the grid for about a year.

Any helpful hints

Any concerns about the 1978 sunline. I can't find any online reviews.

Also I am 60 years old so this decision seems to grow larger the closer time gets to the move.

Thank you
Cindy

Old 02-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Cindy!

Congrats on your new Sunny!

You have come to the right place for Sunline info. We are here to help and any and all questions are welcomed! There are no dumb questions, just ones you need an answer too.

Do you happen to know the model number of the camper? If you do not we can help you back into that. You can download a copy of the brochure and have a look.

On the top of the forum page are "Tabs". When you are logged in, look for the tab called "FILES", click it.

Once in the Files section, look for "Sunline Brochures". Then scroll and page to 1978. Then you can download a copy of a 1978 Sunline brochure. It happens that in 1978, we have several files for brochures. There are 8 files there. The system will only let you download the files so fast. So it might want to slow you down. Just wait and try when it times out in a short while.

You mentioned 10 foot, Sunline did make a 10 1/2 ft long Sunspot in 78. And they made a 12 1/2 ft travel trailer called the 12 1/2 MC. And they also made a Coyote LE trailer too. But I can't make out the length from the brochure, it is too fuzzy. Sunline use to declare the length from the tow ball to the rear bumper so use that as a guide when looking.

Have a look and see if you can spot your camper from the 78 brochures floor plans. If you have some pictures of the camper you can post, we can help you back into the model number.

Posting pictures of things you have questions on really help, you may not know what they are called but we can see in the pic what it is and help better. This post helps on how to attach pictures to your post. http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f1...html#post86041

Have you ever used or towed a camper before? Are you planning a cross country trip or local? There are lots of things we can talk about and glad too. It is more like, where to start....

We have members who never camped before and found a Sunline to those who have camped many times either in a tent, pop up or other camper and then those who have had many Sunlines.

Once we know more about the camper you have, how you are going to use it and what shape it might be in, we can help better. Like has the camper been used often by the prior owner before you bought or was it stored in a barn for the last 20 years etc.

Let us know what you need help with.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:21 AM   #3

SUN #128
Tweety
Welcome! It sounds like you have an amazing adventure planned.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote