Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #1

SUN #50
edzius
Got Our New T1950

Well we finally got the new T1950 yesterday at Stoltzfus in Adamstown Pa. yesterday. I was extremely pleased with the service and staff. Our purchase was through Lee Vought as recommended in this forum. My wife and I have been RVing/camping since the day we met over 23 years ago. I must say this is by far the best quality unit we've ever bought. We traded in a Coachmen which we bought new 12 years ago....so I figure with the Sunline quality this T1950 will last longer than that.

Also I would not count out Sunline yet. Just call it a hunch.

Ed

Old 11-26-2006, 02:40 PM   #2

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Congratulations Ed!
I wish you many happy miles with your Sunline. I am keeping my Sunline owner fingers crossed for the possible rebirth of our beloved Sunline Coach Co.

Bob

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #3

SUN #86
Kayci
Congratulations on your new 1950! We bought a 1950 (very gently used) just about a month ago. We loved that floorplan-size-weight combination and searched high and low for a used 1950 we could afford on our retirement income! We had to winterize and store her right away but have visited her every week at the storage lot for picnic lunches inside. The inside quality is so superb..we are just amazed. Heading out on our "maiden voyage" (toward our daughter in CA) in mid-to-late January, so we are praying for a great Sunline experience! (Also praying someone will revive this wonderful company.)
Equal-i-zer, Prodigy
Kayci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on the new 1950 - we bought ours two summers ago and love it......except for the bed!!! We put a 3" memory foam mattress topper which helped, but DH & I are getting older and need to get up in the middle of the night (if you catch my drift) and it is a pain climbing over each other.

Enjoy the comforts of home and live life to the fullest!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #5

SUN #53
irishguy101
Congratulations on your new Sunline Coach, the Sunline is a Great unit.
I can not say enough GOOD about them.
I too hope the Sunline will come back better then ever!!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #6

SUN #43
Trailblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations on the purchase of your new Sunline 1950. As you are already aware, Sunline make a quality trailer. Like you, we are all hoping that Sunline will survive.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #7

SUN #78
tedontario
New 1950

Good News Ed
We are so happy to see you are able to have your new T1950. The Sunline is such a great Coach. We are supposed to get our gently used 2499 on Dec11 we can hardly wait. We have seen it once and go back to Det. to pay for it and get the major introduction on Dec 9. One thing we like a lot is where the bed is. That was one of the main things we had in mind in our two year search, for just the perfect TT for the two of us. I appluade Sunline for their selection and use of the wood in their cabinets. My wfe and I built our own kitchen in 1987 and we know we like nice wood work, the Suline is tops
We are so happy to be part of this forum.
Ted
Old 12-02-2006, 06:17 AM   #8

SUN #39
leather
We also got a new 1950. It came yesterday and we're elated after months of waitng. We had special ordered one but it never got built due to the factory shutdown. Our dealer went to Sunline & got the last one supposedly they had on the lot.
Look forward to heearing any tips or suggestions about accessories & operations. Wishing you lots of great times with yours!
Old 12-02-2006, 07:14 AM   #9

SUN #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by leather
We also got a new 1950. It came yesterday and we're elated after months of waitng. We had special ordered one but it never got built due to the factory shutdown. Our dealer went to Sunline & got the last one supposedly they had on the lot.
Look forward to heearing any tips or suggestions about accessories & operations. Wishing you lots of great times with yours!
I had DH build shelves into the shirt closet by the bed, as well as the cabinets over the head of the bed......most of our "traveling" clothes are folded and this just gave us better defination as to where things are - instead of just piled on top of each other - also makes much better use of both closets/cabinet.

We installed Maxx Aire covers over both vents - learned that lesson after camping with grandson who left vent over the couch open and it poured while we were out....needless to say he learned that the vent needed to be closed even if the skys is blue!!!

I don't know if you have curtains that close in the bed area...but I went and bought cape cod curtain and expandable curtain rods and but them in the bed area - darkens things up a bit !

We put a soft furniture protector over by the bathroom sink - to protect the door from banging the cabinets.

We use small expandable (camping world) rods to keep the "stuff" in the medicine cabinet from falling out & installed two expandable shower curtain rods in the bathroom for hanging wet towels - they dry so much better not having them all bunched up on the towel rack supplied.

We use either the expandable (CW) rods or TENSION CURTAIN RODS in the front closet over the sink and next to the frig - to hold items in place....we use short ones from front to back and curtain rods from side to side - no more items falling all over the place.

Even thou we only have a 1950 - we invested in a power tongue jack (I think thats what it is called).....gave it to DH who wanted to know why I wasted the $$$$ now he tells all his friends, it was the best $$$ spent! (GO FIGURE).

We also added another battery and next year we will add the flush king or something similar to it.

Sorry for the long post, how about others letting us know what you have done to your SUNLINE! - Or should tis be posted over in Mods???
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 12-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #10

SUN #50
edzius
T1950 How do you keep the door Open?

Ok for all you other T1950 owners out there. I noticed on our new unit that the outer door can't latch fully open with the awning extended out as the door wil hit the awning arm. Have any of you fabricated any solutions?

Poppy & Nanna: I noticed in one of your travel photos to Nia Falls on RV.net that your door appears attached somehow to the awning arm. A helpful hint would be appreciated.

Ed
Old 12-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #11

SUN #93
We use a piece of pipe insulation along the door edge (not in this photo) and use a bungee to hold the door open connect one part to the door handle and the other thru the awaing frame. I seem to think DH drilled a hole in part of the door handle for the hook to go thru

We also use a small bungee to wrap around the paper towels while traveling - this way they are in one neat roll and not all unrolling over the place while traveling.

Gotta just love those bungees!

Have you mounted your toilet paper holder???? That one we have not figured out yet - so we are just leaving it on the chrome covered waste basker (Wal-Mart) by the toilet for now!
Our dealer did not mount it as he said everytime he mounted one - someone would want it in a different place, so he just leaves it all in the package for the owner to place.

Oh another thing we did - we hated those cheap toothbrush & soap holders - so we went to Ace Hardware , bought wooden ones, "polyed" them and put them over by the bathroom sink....it really looks sooo much nicer!

I guess if I sat here long enough, I could think of sooo many other things we did that might be of some use to other.....oh here is a good one - we mounted an indoor - outdoor themometer just betwen the front side window & door opening. We have one with a wire, that we were able to "sneak" under the window frame - put the little "sensor" outside the window and mount the "reader" eye level by the doorway!!! Works great - gives you a pretty accurate read, as most times the awning is out and therefore the sensor is not sitting in the sun! I'm sure the wireless ones work just as well, but we don't get down to the city (Utica) very often and this is what was available locally.

Oh you know those dirty fly swatters that we don't know what to do with! Well we put a piece of velcro on the handle and then over by the chair UNDER the wood lip of that little shelf - we mounted the other piece - outta the way - easy to reach and not sitting on anything that you don't want it on!!!

If you make any mods - let us know, it may be something that we'd be interested in!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 12-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, it's been a while since I had the 1950. But, the bungee from the door to the awning arm is about the best solution for that problem. "IF" I remember correctly, I installed the toilet tissue holder inside the cabinet door, and just left a bit of the paper hang over the top of the door so folks would know where it was. I also put an extension rod across (side to side) the rear of the shower stall for added towel drying space. I still use the mini-bungee on the paper towel roll. Small spring tension rods in medicine cabinet to keep things in place. That non-slip stuff sold at dollar stores to line the cabinet shelves with. In my 2499 I had the oven deleted, so I have added a slide out basket. I have a Black & Decker 18V cordless drill for lowering/raising the stabalizer jacks :P , now all I do is snug them up with the hand crank. I have transfered my power tongue jack from Sunny to Sunny many times, that is one item I would no way be WITHOUT Not sure for the door window, but maybe one of those static cling thingies that parents use in cars to keep sun out of baby face? Or, how about a small/tiny cafe curtain rod mounted right abouve the door with a homemade rollup fabric shade. I am currently in the process of replacing the "hard" side jabots in the 2499 with curtains. The jabots are too dang easy to bump when sitting in the chair or on the sofa, thus you pull the screws out of the wall.. Bought some nice tab-top cafe curtains from Pennys that match one of the colors in the upholstery, so I will install cafe rods under the valances, remove the jabots, and hang new curtains, then I will take fabric from the jabot and convert it to tiebacks for the new curtains. Since I ordered "NO CARPET" I bought some very nice throw rugs from Wally World, that really matched the brown upholstery. I have also bought from the dollar store, those under the bed containers on wheels, I use them in the storage compartment. I have 6 of them, 2 rows of 3, across the width of Sunny, I use the awning wand to reach the 2nd and 3rd one in each row. Each one contains similar use items. I purchased the keyholder/corkboard from Camping World, color matches very well, and I have it mounted right inside the door. Have a wireless thermometer, removed that "LOUD" ticking Sunline clock and replaced it with a nice polished pewter looking digital atomic one. No longer need to be setting a clock as I change time zones. Clock was about 20 bux at WalMart. I made a vinyl draw-string cover for the head of the power jack, don't have to remove it as I can locate the button by feeling for it. Also have one of those umbilical cord holder thingies attached to the power jack, so that the plug end is alway stored with the contact ends pointed downward. I'm sure there is more, but that's all I can think of right now.
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #13

SUN #44
SanDimasJoe
Kathy,
One thing we did for the toilet paper holder, we got one of those TP holders on a stand. That way you can place it where it is handy and you don't have to reach around to the side. Works very well and stores any place while travelling. Also you won't have to make any holes in your walls.

SanDimasJoe
SanDimasJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:21 AM   #14

SUN #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDimasJoe
Kathy,
One thing we did for the toilet paper holder, we got one of those TP holders on a stand. That way you can place it where it is handy and you don't have to reach around to the side. Works very well and stores any place while travelling. Also you won't have to make any holes in your walls.

SanDimasJoe
I like this idea a lot!!!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
Old 12-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #15

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
That is a good idea. I dislike just punching holes through the wall for something such as TP. Where exactly does one find a stand alone TP dispenser. I suppose the DW would know..

Bob

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #16

SUN #44
SanDimasJoe
The stand alone toilet paper holder can be found at places like Linen and Things, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target , etc. in the bathroom accessories dept.

SanDimasJoe
SanDimasJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:35 AM   #17

SUN #21
donreitz
Rather than buying just any old TP holder, keep an eye out on your next trip for something related to your travels. We picked up a goofy-looking bear holder at a small shop in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. It reminds us of a fun trip and it also holds the bathroom door open if we're not exactly level.
Don

donreitz is offline   Reply With Quote