Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #1

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Storage Compartment gets Wet.

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum, just found it and registered yesterday, but not new to Sunline. We’re on our 3rd Sunline and have only owned Sunline trailers since we moved from a pop-up to a travel trailer. Never considered owning anything but a Sunline. Love the trailer, thought the world of the company and their employees. It really saddens us with what’s been happing to the company and the employees. Our hearts and prayers go out to them during this very difficult time.

Getting to my question. We currently have a 2005 T-280SR. I’ve noticed on 2 occasions a little water in the front storage compartment. The 1st time, the middle of the wall at the top of the storage door opening seemed wet but the inside of the wall was not wet at all. We’ve had it back to our dealership once for some warranty work on this. I have the trailer in winter storage now and was planning on having it back to the dealership to look at it again in the spring, since it’s still within its warranty, but with the latest news about the company, it looks like the warranty period has just ended.

Has anyone experience anything similar. I’m planning to look at it again in the spring. Both times I’ve notices the wetness was after heavy rains and after we’ve driven in rain. Not sure if it’s from driving in the rain or if it’s a seal. All seals, roof, around the storage door, etc. look good. And the dealership checked them out good when we had it in. The only thing is the storage door itself is a touch off center but the door seal seems to be tight.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
Tom

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Tom

Welcome to the forum.

On your leak, while I do not have one, here is something to look at.

Is there a putty type seal to the side of the trailer around your compartment door?

I have the aluminum siding and minee has a putty strip around it to seal the camper side to the compartment trim piece.

If the putty is cracked it might be leaking in that way.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:16 AM   #3

SUN #62
rich2500
I had the same leak on ours from new,took it back to sunline 3 times,they even replaced they compartment door but it still leaked.try going out at night and put a bright light in the compartment that gets wet then close the door and look around outside real good for any light shining through.this is how I found my leak it was the flange that the door seals against,took a rubber malet tapped the flange very lightly where the light showed through and bingo no more leak.
01 F-250 V-10 4x4 Lariat supercab SB auto 4:30 LS
draw-tite 1200# trunnion wd,friction sway control,prodigy
happy camping Rich,Maryellen,Josh and Jake
https://www.campingpa.com/
rich2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #4

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Rich2500 & John - thanks for the suggests.
Went up to the storage facility today to check out the trailer. We've had some havey rains for the last few days here so I figured it would be a good time to check The storage area was dry.

We have a front kitchen and the storage area is open to the sink. So I'm thinking the kitchen sink could be another possible source. Check out the drain pipe and the one side of the drain trap was loose. That's close to where I was seeing the dampness. I tightened it, but not sure if that was the source. I'll check out the sink more in the spring.
I like the idea of the bright light test. I'll have to try that.
Thanks again for the help and ideas.
Tom
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #5

SUN #28
sunnyseagull
hi we had the same problem with our t 264 I took it back to the factory last winter and they replaced both storage doors on the pass threw. and removed the carpet from the storage area. they told me that they have problems with the doors not being make right. I havent had any problems since then. not much help but maybe its some where to start good luck.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #6

SUN #124
T2499
We have had the same problem with our pass through storage door (actually only one of the two). In our 2499 when the door leaks, the carpet gets wet and the wetness migrates into the bedroom. Our trailer is at the dealer as I write this, the most recent thought is that it is leaking right through the top hinge. Our dealer is trying to have another door fabricated by a company in California that apparently works on parts for trailers that are "orphans". Sure would be easier if Sunline had used stock doors rather than ones specifically sized for their particular application. Hopefully we can get this finalized shortly and I can get the trailer into storage where it will stay dry for the winter.

2006 T-2499

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4.7 L V-8, Reese Dual Cam, Prodigy Controller
T2499 is offline   Reply With Quote