Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #1

SUN #604
MikeJ
First timer

Hello to everyone.
I am very glad to have found this site. I have already gotten some great info from members and printed out the brochure for my TC.

I live in Glenside, Pa. Just outside of Philly.
I have 3 kids. the 25 yr old is off on his own and just bought himself a house in Murrells Inlet SC. (I cant wait to visit, often) The 21 yr old son is my buddy in all things and the 19 yr old daughter and I love to cook and food shop together (we were "foodies" before they coined the name). Our Border Collie loves to play frisbee.

My wife and I own and run a Dollar Store in Royersford.

I love fishing and we all love the beach.
I just bought a 1980 Truck Camper.
It was garage kept until 2000 and well taken care of since. The heater, frig, sink, lights and flush potty all work. No roof leaks! A real testament to SunLine quality.

Our first trip will be to Cherry Spring state park in Potter County, PA. It is being hailed as the #1 best place on the East Coast for stargazing and is in the middle of the PA Elk herd.

Mike, Debbie, Jamie, Heather and Oreo

Old 05-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #2

SUN #225
Mark
When is your first trip to this park? I have never been, but I am interested in visiting, its a long haul from me.

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #3

SUN #604
MikeJ
Mark- I hope to go Thursday the 29.

Couple of things about this;
go to wwwpastateparkscom and go to Cherry Springs State Park then follow the links to find out about stargazing, LOTS of cool stuff. I listed some below . They all came from links off Cherry Springs Park.

www.cherrysprings.org

I am new to this but it is obvious that the best star viewing is at the new moon. SO... you not only have to plan for 1- a long ride, 2- the new moon phase, and 3- most importantly, clear skies. oops almost forgot 4- gas money!

when you look at the moon phase chart you will see there is a new moon around the 27 to 30th. So IF I can get off and IF the weather there is good we will be going.

Besides stargazing, there is another link and site that tells about the PA Wilderness Loop and the PA Elk herd. The roads around there form a 180 mile loop through the prime ELK herds. And Cherry Springs is just one of several state parks in that loop.

Elk and the best PA scenery during the day . and stargazing at night.

I just did a google map search and you are 217 miles +/- 4.5 hrs from the center of Pburg. I am 239 miles +/- 5.5hrs

http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/
StarDate Online | Moon Phase Calculatorhttp://stardate.org/nightsky/bguide/
StarDate Online | Stargazing Beginner's Guidehttp://cleardarksky.com/c/ChrSprPkPAkey.html
Cherry Springs State Park Clear Sky Chart