Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-24-2022, 03:18 AM   #1

SUN #13283
Tosia is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile First Time Camper Owner!

So happy to have bought a 1991 T1550 Sunline camper. It is really good to have found this website, and so may knowledgable people! Hoping some of you can help me with a wiring problem, which I will detail further down.
I discovered many leak related issues upon a more thorough going over after I purchased. One of the major leak damage areas was due to an emergency window located at rear on driver side. It was installed upside down! This has made for a lot of rot in the wood framing under the window and flooring under the hwt. My husband is a general contractor, so his help has been great, and he had all the tools to get the window out and re-installed properly.
My next issue is the water pump. It was diconnected from all wires! I don't know which wires to reconnect to. I am putting in a new pump (has alligator clips so these will be removed). Please see attached photo.
Any comments will be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-25-2022, 08:40 PM   #2

SUN #13278
Thekid710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Tosia! I’m new to the group as well. Welcome! Your water pump is operated by a remote switch somewhere. Usually on a panel that has tank level sensors and such on it. My camper is a 1978 and so is pretty basic but the general idea is, find where the wires come from ( the switch) and you may be able to figure out where they’ve been cut off. Honestly they’re probably somewhere by the water heater or under the sink. A ground wire and a power wire that comes from the aforementioned switch. Good luck!

Old 06-25-2022, 09:20 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Tosia!

Congrats on your new Sunny!

To your water pump, we need some more info to help better. It sounds like a prior owner changed and it's hard to know what you have at the moment. In these cases pictures go a long way showing us what you are up against and we may be able to see something.

You mentioned that used alligator clips, that is a start pending what they did with the clips. Again, pics help here to see what they did.

Also, if there is a holding tank panel with some switches on it, take some pics of that too. Some of the campers had the tank panel with a water pump switch in them, and then for a period of time, some had a switch on the range vent hood for the water pump. Not sure what yours is like, but we can help you sort it out.

There are 3 ways to add pics.

1. Upload pics to a specific post attaching them at the end of the post.

2. Linking them in from a public viewable web photo hosting service you have.

See here for 1 and 2 https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...html#post86041

3. You can upload pics to the forum in your own personal photo album. Then link them to anywhere in the text of a post. See here on how to create an album. https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...html#post87945

If you still get stuck, let us know. Pic's go a long way in helping show things you are working on, and we really like seeing Sunline pics!

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:41 PM   #4

SUN #13283
Tosia is an unknown quantity at this point
Water Pump Mystery Wires

Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions.
I found where the wires originated... from inside the hood vent over the stove... oh my, lol! Eventually I managed to install my new pump and am giving myself bonus points for getting the hood vent fan working during this wire tracing session
Will try to attach a photo here as well. The wires from the left side (door side) were not attached to anything at either end. I pulled them out and ditched them as unwanted weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220623_165031.jpg (141.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-26-2022, 09:13 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you got this sorted out, Great!

Yes, they had the pump switch on some of the older campers on the vent hood over the stove... Glad you found it.

Your pic came through great! Now you know for the future.

Happy camping.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:34 AM   #6

SUN #13278
Thekid710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats! Figuring out how to fix problems in my camper is one of my life’s many small joys. Lol. Maybe I’m just a lil crazy but the sense of satisfaction is awesome, right?

Tags
water pump, wiring