Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #1

SUN #8004
wanahike is an unknown quantity at this point
First RV, Restoration, and Happy to Find Sunline Club

Hello,

I've been a member a while but just began using Tapatalk and saw the message encouraging of introduction. I'm Russell from Alabama and currently restoring/rebuilding/improving a 1984 Sunline Solaris MiniMotorhome.

Eventually I hope to write and share my progress with photos and video. I seek and appreciate and information and look forward to meeting other owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome!!

That is a cool camper. It would be very interesting to see your problems and the correction and upgrades. We have very few Sunline truck camper folks here and being able to see one through restoration is a treat!

Good luck on your adventures and ask away on any questions. We try and help the best we can.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #3

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point
hi Russell, welcome to the best r/v forum out there. Tons and ton of info. Nice looking rig , by the way..

Dave
Old 04-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #4

SUN #8004
Thanks for the responses. The photo I posted was taken in Holly Pond, Alabama where the little rig was for sale. It's the smallest motorhome that I had ever seen. Currently I have 90% gutted inside and have removed the rear two lower sections of the siding. As you are aware there are not many available online to see examples or any other builds to glean from. I appreciate any information I learn here. Be Blessed!

Old 04-09-2017, 09:59 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
I do not know if you found this post, it has some good pics

We have not heard from Jason in a while, do not know where he stands on his restoration.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...tion-9393.html

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:23 AM   #6

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanahike View Post
Thanks for the responses. The photo I posted was taken in Holly Pond, Alabama where the little rig was for sale. It's the smallest motorhome that I had ever seen. Currently I have 90% gutted inside and have removed the rear two lower sections of the siding. As you are aware there are not many available online to see examples or any other builds to glean from. I appreciate any information I learn here. Be Blessed!

Here is a good site for you lot of members and lot of builds toyotamotorhome.org not many Sunline coaches but all kinds of different makes and they basically all the same any way. It looks to be an 18' so it probably is light enough not to need the one ton axle upgrade but it's is some thing that needs to be checked there was a recall on all of the 21' Toyota campers due to axles breaking it does not look from the photos to be a one ton axle it would have duel wheels a large hub and 6 lug nuts.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #7

SUN #8004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
Here is a good site for you lot of members and lot of builds toyotamotorhome.org not many Sunline coaches but all kinds of different makes and they basically all the same any way. It looks to be an 18' so it probably is light enough not to need the one ton axle upgrade but it's is some thing that needs to be checked there was a recall on all of the 21' Toyota campers due to axles breaking it does not look from the photos to be a one ton axle it would have duel wheels a large hub and 6 lug nuts.

It has a dually axle but has given no issues other than I had to have the leaf springs re-arched and front-end rebuilt with brakes all around. I will look into it more.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #8

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Good, it does have 6 lugs then? There were things called foollies two wheels welded together that were actually worse than a single wheel they had 5 lugs. I had a 87
Nova Star It was a clam shell fiberglass body 21' neat little campers you'll enjoy it.