Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-10-2019, 01:53 PM   #1

SUN #11314
Shaw520 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fellow Sunliners

Greetings all,... Ive searched out your forum because I just purchased a 1990 vintage T-2663. Im an avid motorhome and TT camper from back in the 70's and 80's (had 2 Coachmans and 2 Terry's),... I thne went into the world of Boating and did my camping on the water. Well Im ready to get back to simple primitive camping so I just purchased this gem for the mere cost of $1200. The inside will need a bit of updating,... but the bare bones of this camper are impressively in very good shape for it age,..(much like myself ! ) LOL
So right out of the gate it needs floor covering,... the wood under-lament is solid but the linoleum is worn,..Im considering a laminate flooring similar to Pergo. Also Id like to paint the ceiling, walls, and possible cabinets. The awning is in decent shape, but Id like to do something with the decal stripes that are weathered and peeling.
All your suggestion are welcome and advice on this particular model would be very helpful as well.

Thank You ! Shaw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunline.jpg (91.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg sunline1.jpg (69.1 KB, 11 views)

Old 06-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #2

SUN #9763
Digmenow is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome aboard, Shaw. Looks like a great deal! How does that Z71 Tahoe do pulling it? I ask because I'm looking at stepping up to a heavier camper and I fear that my '05 Suburban isn't beefy enough to tow something that size.

I had some peeling vinyl on some of my T-1950's stripes. I sanded down the rough edges, taped them off and sprayed them with cans from Lowe's in the closest available colors. You have to get really close to tell they're not original. If you're looking for logo decals, there are still some available through eBay. I had some missing "swooshes" that I was able to recreate with tape and the spray cans as well.

As for the Pergo flooring (and this is just my opinion, others may disagree), I'd save the weight and lay down the vinyl stuff that LOOKS like Pergo but is peel and stick. Cheaper and you can bank those pounds for some gadget that you just can't live without, like a propane Little Red Campfire or somesuch!

Lots of help is available on this forum. Enjoy!

2004 Solaris 280SR
Previously: 2003 Solaris Lite T-1950
"The Land of Pleasant Living!"
Digmenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:19 PM   #3

SUN #10986
Tinstaafl is an unknown quantity at this point
I too would pass on Pergo. Look into LVP (Luxury Vinyl Plank) flooring instead. Very easy click-together installation, and IMO is much more appealing than most "linoleum"/sheet vinyl. My go-to these days (I'm a remodeler) is the Lifeproof line of LVP sold by Home Depot.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:57 PM   #4

SUN #11314
Yes,.. thank you,.. Ive been looking into the vinyl peel and stick,.... but believe it or not,... its no cheaper than laminate.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #5

SUN #11314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Welcome aboard, Shaw. Looks like a great deal! How does that Z71 Tahoe do pulling it? I ask because I'm looking at stepping up to a heavier camper and I fear that my '05 Suburban isn't beefy enough to tow something that size.

I had some peeling vinyl on some of my T-1950's stripes. I sanded down the rough edges, taped them off and sprayed them with cans from Lowe's in the closest available colors. You have to get really close to tell they're not original. If you're looking for logo decals, there are still some available through eBay. I had some missing "swooshes" that I was able to recreate with tape and the spray cans as well.

As for the Pergo flooring (and this is just my opinion, others may disagree), I'd save the weight and lay down the vinyl stuff that LOOKS like Pergo but is peel and stick. Cheaper and you can bank those pounds for some gadget that you just can't live without, like a propane Little Red Campfire or somesuch!

Lots of help is available on this forum. Enjoy!
I had wondered the same thing about the 5.3 Tahoe,...but Ive been very impressed,....the Z71 has the tow package,.. and the trailer mode on the tranny works well,... this model Sunline scales out at about #4500 pnds empty,.. the 5.3 has had no problem so far.