Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #21

SUN #5725
Bets is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim44646 View Post
AC, Microwave, and dog not original. Table looks home made.
Now that's funny! Figured that about the AC and Microwave, but now Blossom, the Aussie Doodle, she's a total original, one of a kind! Actually though, I think the table might be original based on some other photos I've seen of the older Sunlines.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #22

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Blossom is cute, looks like she totaly belongs in there.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #23

SUN #5725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Blossom is cute, looks like she totaly belongs in there.
Thanks. She's definitely ready to go camping!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #24

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bets View Post
Thanks. She's definitely ready to go camping!
I can't say the word camping around my guy. He's out the door and at the truck
Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #25

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Found it! Vin #511280 -- just guessing it's a 1980 then, huh? Would you be kind enough to tell me from the photos what's original and what's not? It has a small shower in it as well as a toilet and a sink. If you prefer to write me at my personal email, it's modglinb@gmail.com. Thanks so much for all of your help! Betsy
Hey Betsy,

Yes, that's the VIN, which is on your quality control in the closet too, and yes it's a 1980! However, 1980 was a funny year, because they converted to the new style of Sunline VINs midyear due to the federal mandate. Can you confirm if the 511280 was stamped on the tongue too? Otherwise I'm thinking based on the number 5112 that it was probably 1LC2S1E13AD135112, because they seemed to move to the new VIN style at #5000 based on my records.

In terms of originality, here's what your missing decals look like, from a piece I have in my garage from a 1980 Sunline that was parted out:

Your coach would have had hubcaps like the one pictured there too.

To have a replacement decal made exactly like that would be an expensive proposition these days. If you don't have to have it EXACT, this is a much cheaper alternative- the size should be very close, but the colors will be different:

New SUNLINE 81 85 camper Travel Trailer 22" Vinyl Decal | eBay

Your coach would have had four of those- one in front of each side striping step up, one on the rear, and one on the front above center of the rock guard. The rock guard also would have had some striping on it and a similar sized sun with an "S" in it. I've never seen a picture good enough of one to know exactly, but I think they were different between years. Rock guard decals just didn't hold up back then. Yours could use a good scrubbing with some Awesome cleaner and a brush though.

Other exterior modifications/changes:
- stick on/screw on levels
- Water heater was replaced with a Suburban brand water heater. Original is an Atwood 6 gallon gas only model. Atwoods are as common today and are a drop in replacement, but a prior owner must have found a Suburban easier. Suburbans require the use of anode rods, which are metal rods that hard water eat away at instead of the tank. It doubles as the drain plug. Watch this rod and replace it with a new one when it really gets eaten away.
- Taillights were replaced. Originals are Bargman #91 series with backup lights. Left had bracket for license plate, right did not: RV Tail Light for Sale - PPL Motor Homes
- Clearance lights are in rough shape, faded with some covers missing. They are kinda cheap lights, so replace the entire thing because the base will get destroyed by the sun and won't hold the new lens on. They are Bargman #99 series, two on front and one on each side in front are amber, five across rear and one on each side rear are red. So 4 amber and 7 red total: Bargman 99 Series Trailer Clearance, Side Marker Light with Reflector - Red Bargman Trailer Lights 3499001, Bargman 99 Series Trailer Clearance, Side Marker Light with Reflector - Amber Bargman Trailer Lights 3499002
- Obviously the air conditioner built onto the back is not original
- There would have been a stove vent exhaust somewhere in the area where the A/C now is.

Interior modifications/changes:
- The lower cabinet in the back is different, as is the wall. That paneling is not original- the cabinet panel would look like the upper, and the wall would have been wallpapered. Where the air conditioner is would have been a Ventline stove hood vent/light. The stove is in the correct place (though not the original Wedgewood), and the counter/microwave isn't original. The sink does appear to be though. The base cabinet originally would have had a taller door below the sink with shelves inside (like you have I think), and then there were a few drawers below the stove, or below the stove/oven if this originally had an oven model in it.
- Curtains/valances/cushion covers aren't original pattern. The original would have been a tweed type plaid.
- Dinette table isn't original. It's not the exact same shape, but close. The original would have been covered with a formica type material like the original counter.

Bathroom door does look original, as does the cabinet bunk mechanism. Cabinet right inside the door and forward does look original, original wood and pull handle, but the piece of countertop there was replaced or covered over with more of that paneling.

That's all I see from the pics.

If you'd like me to email you some pics of more original examples, let me know.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #26

SUN #5725
Wow! Thanks so much for all the great information! It's incredible that you have so much knowledge about Sunline! I did find the vin # on the hitch and yes it did match, so the 511280 is correct. I'm wondering if I will be able to get a new title with the correct vin now?? I would love to see some photos of how the camper might have originally looked. My email is modglinb@gmail.com. I was thinking of keeping it as original as possible, but I'm also considering "glamping" it out, since so much of the originality has already been tampered with ... Opinions? Also would it be possible for you to send me one close-up photo of just the decal? I have an artist friend who I think could help me reproduce this decal. Thanks so much for all of your wonderful information!! This is the first time I've owned my own camper -- camped a lot with others but never had to be responsible for everything so now I'm learning so much. I'm sure I'll have more questions about the mechanicals, etc. (not exactly my strongest asset as a woman!) as I get into testing all this to see how well it all works. Currently I'm on clean-up duty! I'm so glad you endorsed awesome for clean-up. That's what I've been using all day as you can see from the roof photo. Still not finished, but getting there! Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunlineroofbefore.JPG (153.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #27

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Wow! Thanks so much for all the great information! It's incredible that you have so much knowledge about Sunline! I did find the vin # on the hitch and yes it did match, so the 511280 is correct. I'm wondering if I will be able to get a new title with the correct vin now?? I would love to see some photos of how the camper might have originally looked. My email is modglinb@gmail.com. I was thinking of keeping it as original as possible, but I'm also considering "glamping" it out, since so much of the originality has already been tampered with ... Opinions? Also would it be possible for you to send me one close-up photo of just the decal? I have an artist friend who I think could help me reproduce this decal. Thanks so much for all of your wonderful information!! This is the first time I've owned my own camper -- camped a lot with others but never had to be responsible for everything so now I'm learning so much. I'm sure I'll have more questions about the mechanicals, etc. (not exactly my strongest asset as a woman!) as I get into testing all this to see how well it all works. Currently I'm on clean-up duty! I'm so glad you endorsed awesome for clean-up. That's what I've been using all day as you can see from the roof photo. Still not finished, but getting there! Thanks again!
I'm not where that piece is, so it'll be a few days before I get back there. But for reproducing, that picture from the ebay ad would be your best bet for shape. It's a burnt orange/brown at the bottom and yellow/gold at the top, with the burnt orange/brown outlining the letters and the yellow/gold color being the solid fill.

Funny thing, I just went looking for pics and found your exact trailer, broken fenderskirt and modified kitchen, for sale in Paducah, KY in Feb. 2012, and the Sunline decals were complete and in tact then. Pics coming your way...

Btw your roof is looking great!!
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #28

SUN #5725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
I'm not where that piece is, so it'll be a few days before I get back there. But for reproducing, that picture from the ebay ad would be your best bet for shape. It's a burnt orange/brown at the bottom and yellow/gold at the top, with the burnt orange/brown outlining the letters and the yellow/gold color being the solid fill.

Funny thing, I just went looking for pics and found your exact trailer, broken fenderskirt and modified kitchen, for sale in Paducah, KY in Feb. 2012, and the Sunline decals were complete and in tact then. Pics coming your way...

Btw your roof is looking great!!
The trailer in Paducah most definitely has to be mine -- I bought it in Metropolis, IL just across the river from Paducah.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #29

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually it is looking.....well....awesome!

P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote