Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #1

SUN #418
BuddyRay
Another Georgian joins up.

Hi From Buddy and Jamie,

I found this forum while looking for parts for my Solaris 1950. We had a window bent up on the storage lot and I'm trying to find a replacement.

We've been RV'ing and Camping for years. I grew up in the '60's camping with my parents in a Rolite trailer (think HiLO competitor). My wife and I camped on our Honeymoon - to the chargrin of our friends.

We purchased the 1950 in 2005 from a dealer near Atlanta - Adventures on Wheels. Shortly after we bought the trailer the dealer went bankrupt and closed. Then we discovered the Factory had closed. I think it may be all our fault - that's just too much coincidence .

Our 1950 was used - by 6 months. The people that bought it took it on one trip and sold it . . . to buy a larger Sunline. What a great deal for us - it was in imaculate shape and about $5k under new price.

We camp - mostly in the spring and fall, all around the S.E. We aren't quite retired yet, but we bought the trailer when one kid finished college and the other left home to attend college. I have a cover on the trailer's rear tire with it's name - "The Empty Nest". We love the 1950 because it's just perfect for just the two of us yet light enough to be towed with my Ford Explorer V8.

If you see a Solaris behind a dark blue Explorer around Ga. come over and say HI.

2004 Solaris 1950
2004 Ford Explorer V8
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 AM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Buddy & Jamie - welcome to the forum!

This is one of the most friendly places on the 'net! Need help...ask a questions and someone will pipe up with an answer or alternative!

DH & I started out in a 06 T1950 and upgraded to a 07 T2499, after Sunline went out of business, we also wanted more room. Our kids are all grown and gone BUT now the grandkids like to visit/camp with Nana & Poppy....so the larger TT was in order to accommodate them!

Enjoy your TT and I hope someone chimes in here about your window....post it over in the Travel Trailer or Wanted section....I'm sure you'll get your answer fast. Oh mention what window you need!

Again, Welcome!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 AM   #3

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Another Georgian joins up.

Hi Buddy and Jamie,

Welcome to the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay
Shortly after we bought the trailer the dealer went bankrupt and closed. Then we discovered the Factory had closed. I think it may be all our fault - that's just too much coincidence .
Same thing happened to us , so you can't take all the blame

Similar to you, we bought our Sunline due to a perfect floor plan for us now as empty nesters. But with 3 kids in college, the pockets are also empty, so the extended traveling has to wait a few years

Enjoy your fall camping.
Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #4

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Welcome Buddy and Jamie!

YOu should come here: I am still narrowing down campgrounds in Southern NC. Have you voted yet, because we need a tie breaker?!

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...pic.php?t=1109
Old 09-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #5

SUN #408
partimcmpr
Good to see someone else from GA

Your situation sounds like ours. Our college kids will not go away, so we do every chance we get!

I will keep a lookout for you. We just got back from Scenic Mt near Millegeville(sp?) and my wife is already searching for somewhere to go mid October.

Keep in touch!

David
2006 Sunline T2553 Classic
https://dbmcbride.com/stttv.gif
partimcmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:54 AM   #6

SUN #418
BuddyRay
Well, I should title this - a Georgian moves on.
Sold the SunLine T1950 after about 20 great years of use. It was showing its age - all the decals had come off, the roof needed replacing (again), the shower liner was cracked badly and you could tell the plastic was shot and it was just going to get worse.

Also I turned 65 and retired this month - we are looking at doing more long term trips and a 20 ft rig just wasn't big enough.

So I traded it in on a Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS 5th wheel (also bought a new F150 to tow it.)

The good news is - I felt like I got a good price on the Sunline even with all it's problems.

So I enjoyed my time here - but I'm moving to the Jayco Owners forum.

2004 Solaris 1950
2004 Ford Explorer V8
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote