Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #1

SUN #303
happycamper
Send a message via AIM to happycamper
Time to say goodbye

Well the day I so dreaded has finally come. We are trading in our 2007 Sunline 264SR. As I started cleaning out the camper today my wife and I kept saying how much we love this camper. We want to start traveling next year and we are afraid to do it with a 12 year old camper. I am sure it will need a new roof soon and well we just are afraid things may start to snowball from there. The sad part is there is nothing out there we have seen that even comes close to the quality of a Sunline camper.

So on Wednesday we pick up our new Flagstaff Microlite 25BDS. IT has a nice layout with a Murphy bed that we feel fits us well. I know there are issues with Forest River products but we are taking a leap of faith and hoping all will be well.

This has been an awesome forum with friendly people who have shared much knowledge. I know I have always looked here when I had questions not only about Sunline but camping, towing, and we'll just about anything. Although i read more than contributed I do enjoyed what goes on here.

I will miss you all

Jim

Old 08-24-2019, 06:52 PM   #2

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
No reason to leave us. Lots of RV things are common to many brands. Stick around!

Old 08-26-2019, 06:48 AM   #3

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Really, don't go !! I am sure with all of your Sunline knowledge you'd be much appreciated here in the future. Even just to chat about things .. places you've been, campground discussions. And, with many in the same boat as you and moving on to other brands, your experience with the new camper will be most welcome for others considering a different brand of camper. And everyone will love to hear of your travels !
2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:08 PM   #4

SUN #1013
Janet H
Sorry to see you leave but if you must... please consider this forum: Forest River Forums - Forest River Owners Community

It is a sister site to the Sunline board; friendly and informative.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:13 PM   #5

SUN #7918
ddbozo101 is an unknown quantity at this point
We traded in our 2007 264classic for a 5th wheel in 2017. If only I could turn back time... I miss my sunline. Been looking lately for travel trailer that has the same quality that was like the Solaris...still looking
Old 09-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #6

SUN #10447
Phil_K_TN is an unknown quantity at this point
Happy Camper, I understand your sorrow in trading in your Sunline. I recently had an accident with our 2001 T2370 when I hung a dumpster leaving a campground, smashing a door and window and messing up the siding. Insurance totaled it because of the age and replacement costs. Even the person that did the repair estimate stated "they don't make them like this any more". It was like loosing a part of the family. So many memories. We're going to wait a while until we find what we want. Good luck in your future ventures, and Godspeed.