Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-17-2016, 01:59 PM   #1

SUN #8347
RdgRnrZombie is an unknown quantity at this point
No indicator panel lights... or hot water

All summer, we had no problem with our indicator panel... you know... the one that shows when your tanks are full, and has the switches for your water pump, and water heater (gas/electric).

We boon-docked here a couple weekends ago, and I had fresh water in the tank, turned on the pump, and turned on the hot water and all worked... until I turned on the furnace!

I turned off the furnace... but it wouldn't immediately shut off. Then I noticed that I no longer had hot water. The pump would work, but I couldn't get any hot water.

I checked the circuit breaker... nothing odd. I switched that dial thing near the outside front of the camper where the battery sits, and that seemed to reset things temporarily.

Now, sadly I have no indicator lights or any action on that panel. Is it an electrical issue? Did my pilot light go out?

My stove top seems to light and fire up just fine... however I can't get my OVEN to light.

Clues? Help?

Thanks for helping me with my 2006 Sunline Solaris T26.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:07 PM   #2

SUN #8347
shoot.... I just found this thread... http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...ems-15302.html

I didn't see what the actual resolution was. Any update?

Old 10-17-2016, 06:43 PM   #3

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
The furnace will not just shut off it will run for a minute or more after shut down that's normal but your problem is probably linked to the panel because the hot water is controlled at the panel. It is fused I can't tell you where but it will be with the rest of the fuses.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:29 AM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Also your oven needs to be lit manually! It is not like a house oven you need to use a long match or a BBQ lighter & lit the pilot each time.
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:08 AM   #5

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdgRnrZombie View Post
All summer, we had no problem with our indicator panel... you know... the one that shows when your tanks are full, and has the switches for your water pump, and water heater (gas/electric).

We boon-docked here a couple weekends ago, and I had fresh water in the tank, turned on the pump, and turned on the hot water and all worked... until I turned on the furnace!

I turned off the furnace... but it wouldn't immediately shut off. Then I noticed that I no longer had hot water. The pump would work, but I couldn't get any hot water.

I checked the circuit breaker... nothing odd. I switched that dial thing near the outside front of the camper where the battery sits, and that seemed to reset things temporarily.

Now, sadly I have no indicator lights or any action on that panel. Is it an electrical issue? Did my pilot light go out?

My stove top seems to light and fire up just fine... however I can't get my OVEN to light.

Clues? Help?

Thanks for helping me with my 2006 Sunline Solaris T26.
There is no pilot light in the stove. As Kathy pointed out, you have to manually light it. There is a setting on the knob for PILOT which you can turn down to when turning off the stove and the pilot will stay lit. Turning the knob all the way to OFF shuts off the pilot as well as the oven.

Your other issues almost sound like low battery charge. You boondocked and things worked fine until you turned on the furnace. The furnace is a huge consumer of battery reserve. Once the battery drops below a certain voltage, other things start to misbehave.

Is the heater strip on the refrigerator turned off? It's another battery killer. Combined with the furnace, it'll bring down the best of batteries to low charge in no time flat.

There is no circuit breaker for the 12vdc devices. They're all controlled via fuses.

mainah is right; the furnace runs for a time after you turn off the thermostat or it reaches the setting temp.

The water heater doesn't have a pilot. It self lights every time it runs. Again, if it won't light and fire up on propane, low battery is highly suspect.

Are you using all incandescent light bulbs? Combined with the stuff already mentioned, they increase the battery draw even further. If you're boondocking and you don't practice battery conservation by only using the lights you need, you are only hastening battery discharge.

If you're still on the original battery, or the one you have is over 5 years old, it may be time for replacement. But before you do that, check the water level in the cells.

If you really drained down the battery, it will take a while for the convertor to bring it back. You may need to use a more sophisticated charger.

The owner's manuals for all of these appliances are in the FILES area. If you don't already have them, download them and read through them. The info I cited above is all explained in greater detail in the manuals.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:28 AM   #6

SUN #8347
Great info! Didn't have time to check fuses last night, but will this weekend, and post my result. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Tags
hot water, indicator panel