Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-21-2022, 05:47 PM   #1

SUN #8832
Laird is an unknown quantity at this point
Electrical problem

We just brought our beautiful 2007 264SR
Home from its winter nap. Put a brand new battery and also plugged into shore power 15 amp outside plug at the house been doing this for many years.
Well today it kept tripping the ground fault on that outside plug. Thinking maybe it’s the plug I plugged it into another outside plug on an entirely different circuit and lo and behold it tripped that ground fault also. Looking for a little guidance any suggestions on where I can look and see what’s causing this problem.

Thank you Laird

Old 05-23-2022, 06:14 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Easy way first turn off all camper breakers see what happens. If it doesn't trip turn them on one at a time.

Old 06-01-2022, 06:15 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
HiLaird,

Did you find your GFI tripping problem? Did you try the breaker shut off process like Mainah stated? Any outcome?

There is one issue I know of that can be hidden and only show up when you plug into 15 amp shore power on a GFI circuit, and it may not show up on the 30 amp non GFI camp ground circuit. But, it needs the fridge to be on auto/electric to cause this, by chance did the tripping problem happen when the fridge was on electric? It will not be an issue on gas only.

Let us know, we are glad to help but need some more to go on how this all came about from you. Did it start tripping instantly from coming out of storage or work for a few days then act up?

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 06:11 AM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Have a good look at all the wiring you can see for mice damage. They managed to chew through the insolation and the #10 camper feed wire in mine I had to cut about 8" off the power cord, I can't say for fact but many fridges are not hard wired try unplugging the fridge you should be able to access it from the outside fridge door by 07 they put some electronics in the fridge just to make things more complicated. Older GFI's were some what finicky but two different circuits pretty much rules that out.