Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-10-2008, 06:35 AM   #1

SUN #374
yorkieville
Dining Table in 195SR

Hi,

Can someone please tell me where the dining table is stored in the 195SR?

Actually, anything anyone wants to tell me about the unit is very welcome.

We are preparing for our trip today, to leave very early tomorrow morning for PA, so we can go to both dealers without a huge rush.

I have two Yorkies that love 'bye-bye' and have been on my heels since we got up this morning. We didn't even need to say the 'B' word, because they are all too familiar with the prep of the TT.

Sheila

Old 05-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Sheila,

I can't find a floor plan for the 195SR, but looking at the 1950 (which the 195SR is based upon), the table is fastened to the wall with a hinge, and there is a single leg at the other end. There is also one leaf in the table.

For storage, remove the leaf and compact the table, then the leg folds up under the table, and the table swings down against the wall. In our rig, the leaf has a storage space in one of the tall clothes closets.

That was a very standard table in Sunlines that didn't have a full dinette.

I can not say for sure that is what is in the 195SR but I think it is likely. Jon (Sunline Fan) may be able to tell us more.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #3

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hi, Steve.

From th pictures I have of the two 195SR's that we are going to look at in PA, it doesn't appear that it has the same type of table as the regular 1950.

Oh, just remembered, Jon, (Sunline Fan) brilliantly drew a floor plan in the thread, "A Winter's Game....find all the 195SR's" and he shows a portable table in front of the couch. (I am in awe of his vast knowledge about the Sunline units.)

I'll have to ask him if he knows where it is stored. I'll bet he knows.

Thanks.

Sheila
Old 05-10-2008, 08:52 AM   #4

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe the fold up table is stored inside the large closet next to the bathroom sink. It can't be attached to the front wall because there's a cabinet all the way across.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #5

SUN #374
yorkieville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
I believe the fold up table is stored inside the large closet next to the bathroom sink. It can't be attached to the front wall because there's a cabinet all the way across.

Jon
Jon,

Has anyone told you lately that you are amazing! Thank you, yesterday, I actually printed out your floor-plan, I was so thrilled to see it!

Sheila
Old 05-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #6

SUN #161
Ray and Lynn from PA
Hi Sheila,
Our dining table folds and is stored under the sofa. There's alot of storage space. The outside storage compartment on the slideout opens to the area under the sofa. There's a lip inside so the table can't slide out while travelling. Our table is longer than the table in the 1950. We also store our electrical cord in a small bin, lynx levelers, outside carpet, and a bin with lanterns, small bottles of propane, awning deflappers, outside welcome sign and a few more items there.
We've had some really high winds in our area today with quite a few trees down. Be extra careful travelling tomorrow. We live about an hour from Butler RV. We're happy to answer any questions you might have.
Ray and Lynn from PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:29 AM   #7

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hi, Ray & Lynn!

Thank you so much! It was great talking with both of you last night, you are the absolutely nicest people!

It's almost 6:30 a.m., coffee, shower brush the Yorkies and head over to Brooks, then, Butler, and back to pick up our TT and back to whoever has the best TT & best price!

Lynn, I will call you sometime today.

Sheila
Old 05-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #8

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Shelia - so which one was it??????
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:05 PM   #9

SUN #374
yorkieville
Neither.

The one at Brooks RV was not in all that great of condition. In my oh-so-humble opinion, I felt the carpet needed to be replaced, as well as the blinds, (I don't think they were ever washed once!) and when I see the inside not very well taken care of, I wonder how well maintenance was done. (Perhaps I'm too picky, but I keep my travel trailer clean. No crud in the corners of the fridge door trays, etc.)

We really preferred the prototype at Butler RV, we liked the day/night shades and the full screen in the side slide windows, and the longer windows in the slide, but not enough to pay $15,000. for a used 2007 with no warranty. Scott was not willing to budge on his price, he seems fixated on the fact that it is the prototype, saying it is the very first one built, yada, yada, yada. (We already knew that) We were fortunate to have been advised by several club members that the prototype is not worth more than the rest of the 195SR's built and it's been sitting on his lot for over a year. It was used, as well. But definitely taken care of better by the previous owners.

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but it was a rough trip. Left IN Sunday morning, rained the entire trip to PA . Rained a bit on Monday, and it was cold. We had to drive from the Mercer/Grove KOA to Brooks RV in Connellsville, (Our salesperson Eric was not there when we were there, and we couldn't wait around for him, we looked the unit over) then we had to drive to Butler RV, and froze as we looked that unit over.

I was fighting nausea yesterday and today, couldn't eat anything but crackers and ginger ale.

Scott really had no interest in selling it. Didn't so much as ask us to come into his office, after we looked at it.

Rich sent him an e-mail from the campground early this morning and told him that we would have bought the unit in exchange for ours plus $2,500. Never heard back from him so we came home. We got home around 8 this evening. I have an early morning D.O. appt. I can't miss tomorrow.

The unit is nice, if anyone is willing to pay the price.

Sheila
Old 05-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #10

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Shelia,

Sorry to hear things didn't work out. But from the sounds of it you made the right decision.

Good luck.
Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #11

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hutch,

Thanks. We do feel we made the right decision. We took the advice of members here, that we feel are very knowledgeable of Sunlines. I think, owners are even more knowledgeable than Dealers because we buy and use the product.

I think Butler RV needs to get a bit more realisitic with their price.

Sheila