Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #1

SUN #307
purplesuebug
Creaking Floors

Has anyone ever had any issues with creaking floors. Not squeaking, creaking...............sort of like a metal sound instead of a wood sound. I noticed this weekend that if I walked towards the front of the trailer, right in the middle (side to side), I would get a terrific creaking sound. I thought maybe I had put it in a bind with the jacks or something and paid it no mind.

When we got home Monday evening, I was walking around checking things before I put the slide out for cleaning and behold, the creaks were still there and I had not lowered the sissor jacks yet. (and yes, I always level and secure the jacks before the slide goes out)

I could understand a wood sound but were would a metal sound be coming from...................Do I need to go on a diet??!! Thanks..........Marshall

purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #2

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
Marshall,

My guess would be either one of the super long wood screws they use(they're easy to 'over drive' and sink too deep into the framing) to connect the wall sections to the flooring or I've also seen really long staples as well. The floor might have compressed just enough to let it work the tip through the joist and down onto one of the cross members of the metal frame.... the result, metal on metal creaky.

Take care,
Jason