Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-04-2007, 06:15 AM   #1

SUN #328
bugbite
195sl ers How do you like them?

Good, more than lived up to your expectations?

Could be improved and how?

What options if any did it come with?

Jacks supplied?

Any leaks with the slider or difficulties?

Does slider have manual backup?

Anyone pulling w/ a 1/2 ton truck if so, how well?

Thanks for answering my questions in advance. This is a very nice looking Sunline plan.

BB

Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:11 AM   #2

SUN #307
purplesuebug
Good, more than lived up to your expectations?

Excellent camper! We were looking for a 1950 and I was VERY anti slide because we do a LOT of just pull in eat, sleep and get going in the morning until we get where we are going. The slide was going to get in the way. NOT SO in the 195SR. The slide does not block anything necessary for a quick night's stay.
It's a little heavier than the 1950 with a tongue weight of ~720 lbs. Over all, it is well above our expectations!

Could be improved and how?

It's a Sunline............they've already thought of everything. Honestly, we are coming out of a 1984 Pop-Up that we loved. It's like a pauper to a king. We NOW live in a castle!!!

What options if any did it come with?

We got the following options.............Delux faucet with pull out sprayer, Range Top Cover, Sealed burner stove w? elec ignition, and mounted spare tire w/ cover. options will very a little (I THINK). Can't wait for Ray & Lynn to answer this one just to see if Sunline put the same options in all of the 195SR's..........I know they did them all in one color scheme..........Cherry wood and Granola interior. Beautiful!!!!

Jacks supplied?

Yes.........welded to the frame

Any leaks with the slider or difficulties?

Just need to carry a ladder to clean off the top and sides before retracting. Remember........what was once outside is now inside and you don't need leaves, water and those darn Gypsy Moths inside your camper!

Does slider have manual backup?

Yes, But you have to be able to crawl underneath with a ratchet. I HOPE to never need it, but if I do, I'll send Sue up under there...........she's smaller than I am and will fit better...............Ah, I'm just kidding!!!!

Anyone pulling w/ a 1/2 ton truck if so, how well?

That 720lbs + stabilizer hitch + sway bar + anything else in the back of the truck even squats my 250 Super Duty a little. But it pulls fine. I was afraid that slide was going to offset the weight on such a small trailer, but it seems not to. Maybe Ray and Lynn will answer this better.........I don't know what they pull with.

That's the best I can do................M&S

purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #3

SUN #161
Ray and Lynn from PA
Ditto to everything Marshall and Sue said about their Sunline. We are pulling ours with a V8 4Runner rated to tow 7,000. With the Equalizer hitch, the heavy tongue weight is evenly distributed. We have it set up that we don't squat at all. We've pulled it down the Blue Ridge earlier this spring with altitudes up to 6,000 with no problem. Of course when towing we get between 9.5 and 12 mpg. depending on on fast we are traveling. I just looked at Butler RV in PA's website and they still have one for sale.
It's $15,950. That's what we paid. It's a great deal on a fantastic unit!
Hope this helps. Happy 4th of July. We're off to a parade!
Ray and Lynn from PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:07 AM   #4

SUN #328
bugbite
Those 195s really are sweet!

Really like those alot.

Good answers both of you. 250 sure would make it less worry free wondering hmmm what if...

I sure can see why yall just had to have a TV just for hauling those beautiful Sunlines.
Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:00 AM   #5

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mileage

What kind of mileage do you get from the 4Runner when you're not towing?

Norm
Old 07-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #6

SUN #161
Ray and Lynn from PA
Norm, with our V8 4-Runner we get 14 to 15mpg around town and about 18 to 19mpg on a trip. Our 4-Runner is a all wheel drive model with traction controll and down hill assist. It has 4wheel high and low range.
We are very pleased with it and its towing capacity. It also has a transmission cooler. Ray

Ray and Lynn from PA is offline   Reply With Quote