Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Towing and Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #1

SUN #597
henryj
GM Truck Specs and RPO Codes

This page showed up while I was googling for something else. If GM is your cup of tea this is a great resource for armchair shopping or just general comparison with other brands. I bookmarked the 2010 2500HD, but you can get 2008 or 2009 as well by changing the address.

The "select model" popup at the top right lets you pick something else like the 1500. Click on the left hand links, for example "specs", to get all the numbers like spring and axle capacities that are not normally available in consumer focused information. Also, on one of these pages, click the popup at the top of the table to change the cab configuration or 2wd/4wd.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...ID=8840&type=0

Henry

henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Henry

YES, that site is very useful. Here is the main link.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/ It covers just about every GM vehicle in the light to medium duty range.

I have used that site many times for determining axle loads. There is a "weight calculator" where you can add up all the options one has and it will give you an actual axle weight, what is left on the axle capacity and where in relation to GVWR and GAWR you are.
It comes in handy when sizing up a TV or figuring out how TT tongue weights affect the TV.

They use to have like 4 years worth for vehicles but now I see it is down to 3 years. They roll to the next as the next model year comes out.

That site and RPO codes are unique to GM. Now that I gave up my Bowtie for towing and now have a Blue Oval I have to use different tools to accomplish the same thing. Ford has what they call a “Source Book” with a ton of useful info about the specs and weights of there trucks. However to get one, you have to go to a dealer and be interested in buying a truck. I now have a 2005 one an a 2008 F series one. Those books are online, but not open to public viewing. Or at least that I can find the link to them.

I’m sure Dodge has something too, just never been there looking yet. Point is, there is now a ton of TV info on the web, key is to have a clue what you are hunting for. The online forums help greatly in letting the average person find this stuff…. Most times all you need if a few clues on where to go digging.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote