Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Towing and Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
First tow with the new Sunny hauler!

After a lot of work to it, we finally towed Sunny 17 with the new Sunny hauler. I have to admit that towing with a dual wheel truck is a night and day difference. Having the dual rear wheels, makes towing so much easier. The campground we went to, is 82 miles from here and there were several steep grades both ways. The truck worked hard and got us to the CG safely.

Climbing hills was interesting, compared to frightening using the single rear wheel truck. Ford made a lot of improvements between the 1997 and 1999 model years. They did not make a "Heavy duty" diesel pickup in 1998. If I keep an eye on my aftermarket gauges, I know when to back off the throttle. Keeping my exhaust gas temperature below 1,200* kept the truck happy.

Hopefully, we'll make it to Buttonwood this year, without having to call Lowell!

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote