Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Towing and Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-01-2014, 05:09 AM   #21

SUN #2485
aaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bev-2363 View Post
When you carry your own bed/bedding you don't worry about bedbugs/cooties/excrement from strangers with God only knows what kind of disease. I'd sleep in the car, sitting up, before I'd stay at a motel.
I can’t agree more! My Sunny has provided me with more opportunities than not. There is no way I would ever spend money on a hotel room for a week, not to mention all the bedbugs, boogers, strangers, etc.
For the most part I get 10-12 mpg. When estimating/planning my trip, I use 10mpg for figuring. If I end up getting a higher mpg while towing, that’s just icing on the cake!
May I also say, I’m very jealous of your trip idea!
Happy Camping!!!

Aaron
2006 T-2553
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 3.73 6-speed
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #22

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, Happy New Year!

I have finally figured that if I have to worry about costs of something, I just shouldn't do it. While ignoring costs we had a better Christmas. We did go spend time with family for a few days and exchanged gifts. At night we would visit in their house before going to bed. but during the day we would spend time in the TT, talking, laughing and catching up on adventures. Something about people being thrown closer together that makes the conversations more personal.

After the three day limit we left but didn't want to come straight home so we stayed at a campground. This time of year people living in campgrounds seem even more friendly. More days of comfort and togetherness all because of our little sunline.

We also use 10MPG when calculating fuel costs but since trips can have unseen expenses from breakdown, blowouts or whatever the Figures can go way wrong in a hurry. All we can do is plan the best we can, prepare the TT to be as safe as possible, go slow and enjoy the trip.

Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, colorado, miles per gallon., towing