Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
So you take delivery of the tractor to go on your new trailer when???

On a side note, did you find out how/what happened? I'm a little puzzled as to why the back corner fell apart like it did and the rest of the coach didn't.

Jon
HEHEHE.... Kitty has a nice F350, that will serve the purpose VERY well!

I'm still not sure what exactly happened. The PO has been strangely quiet for a few days.. I hope he's doing OK...

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, Sunny 14.5, the wrecked 2004 T-299SR is HOME. Let me tell you, all of us that know how great our Sunlines are, well we sure are a bunch of smart folks. I towed the 299SR with my truck, no WD, no sway control and it towed like a dream. I had a Sheriffs' Deputy following me and Gary following him. Did this to avoid any issues due to the way this poor Sunny looks. And, wow wait 'til you see "WHERE" Gary had "me" back it to work on it. OK, from here on out we will be posting our progress about the 299SR in a new thread titled "This Old Sunline". We will open this new thread in "Sunline Community"as it could end up relating to gosh knows how many things. Photos will appear in that thread.

Kitty n Gary

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #23

SUN #974
Stan & Peggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
On a side note, did you find out how/what happened? I'm a little puzzled as to why the back corner fell apart like it did and the rest of the coach didn't.

Jon
It's me, the original owner of this trailer. (Or what's left of me these days.)

We lost it on the western descent of South Mountain, on I-70, back on October 2d. Started a yaw that I could not bring under control, left the road at about 60-65 mph.

Trailer ended up on its right side, and the TV completely upside down.

I did not see anything of the crash scene, as both of us were taken away on backboards. But I suspect much of the damage at the rear was done when the tow company uprighted the trailer.

Had a nice visit with Gary and Kitty today, when they came to buy some of the stuff I had managed to salvage. We have been discussing the cause of the wreck, wondering what role the hitch may have played. Besides the axle problem last year, we had some probs that resulted in replacement of the hitch and spring bars. We'd been to Ocean City in the spring with no driveability problems, but Gary has me wondering whether the cams should have been changed to match the new bars, which were 1200 pound ones, upgraded from the original 1000 pound bars.

...somewhere I am registered under a different name, but can't find the info. Have been out of the loop here since last fall.

Soon as I can remember how, I'll post a couple of pics of the tow vehicle, which was a nice '99 Suburban 3/4 ton. Now it's a heap of scrap metal.

Stan M.
Baltimore
Old 11-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Hey Stan,
Your previous username was stan47, if memory serves.

Gary

Old 11-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #25

SUN #974
Stan & Peggy
That's what I remember too. If it's case-sensitive, I may not have tried all lowercase. Really don't want two identities here.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #26

SUN #736
Stan47
Bingo! You were right Gary. The sign in is all lowercase, but for some reason, once I'm on the site it shows up differently. I'll just retire "Stan & Peggy" to avoid confusion and terms of service problems.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #27

SUN #703
SimonKenton
Possibilities?

Happy 2010 to all.
I'm looking for a replacement air conditioner fan motor for my Duotherm 13.5. The one in mine freezes up if I haven't used it for 2 weeks. Then I have to spin the fan by hand to get it moving. I think the motor has steel bearings and no place to lube them. Then it rusts up
I can get a new kit (motor and fans) for about $130. but I'm always looking for a better deal.
Good luck with the project.
Simon Kenton
Old 01-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Hello,
I'd like to keep the A/C complete... Parting out the unit itself, is not what I had in mind.

Thanks...

Gary

Old 01-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #29

SUN #736
Stan47
Gary, JohnB, et. al.

Since I am going to attempt to claim the uninsured loss on the wrecked trailer on my tax return, I have been doing a bit of research.

As it happens NADA's web site provides value reports on RVs. (That's appropriate, since nada is what the insurance company paid me...)

Anyways, their estimated range of values for this unit is $13,550 to $16,375. I am going to use the high end, because I think the trailer was in exceptionally good condition, at least in the morning of October 2d. The new tires and new axle also support the high-end estimate.

It will be interesting to see how that works out, as to tax deductibility. Obviously carrying collision insurance would have been a better deal, since we paid initially around $28K for the rig.

I also learned that the insurance adjuster cut me a pretty good deal on the totaled Suburban. The check for that loss was actually a thousand or so higher than what I computed using both NADA and KBB. Hard to believe that such a sturdy truck would have a resale value of only around $6,000 but those guys make the rules.

On a Happy New Year note, I believe I paid off all the trailing medical bills from the crash, just before the end of the year.

Now, if my damn back would quit swelling, and we could learn what's happened to Annie maybe I could put this entire calamity behind me.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #30

SUN #1759
odiethe1st is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm looking for the power center to replace the one in my '01 Advancer 26M. Mine is a 30A Fortron that I can't find new circuit breakers for, how much for yours and do you think it'll fit?
Old 12-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiethe1st View Post
I'm looking for the power center to replace the one in my '01 Advancer 26M. Mine is a 30A Fortron that I can't find new circuit breakers for, how much for yours and do you think it'll fit?
If it might possibly fit, I still have the American CS3000 30A converter, out of the T-299SR. If you could measure the converter/breaker that you have, I will see if this one may fit.