We have one wiring diagram that would be "close" to your 2003 camper. This was out of my 2004 T2499 that I obtained from Sunline when they were still in business.
While this may help some, it may not help on what you want to know. This is from our FILES section under "Electrical, lighting and charging systems.
Here are a few pointers on wire color that Sunline used on your vintage camper at the power converter box.
- Solid black copper wire in a romex cable is 120 VAC hot
- Solid white copper wire in a romex cable is 120 VAC neutral
- Bare copper wire from a romex cable if the AC ground wire from the device. (outlet, AC unit, etc)
- Single stranded black copper wire is 12 VDC hot wire to a DC device. (Lights, water pump, etc)
- Single stranded white copper wire is 12 VDC negative to a DC device.
- Single stranded orange copper wire is 12 VDC switched hot wire to a device such as a light. This may not show up at in the power converter, but can in the ceiling and walls.
- Heavy gauge stranded red wire is from the battery positive.
- Heavy gauge stranded white wire is DC negative from the battery and frame ground.
- The white solid copper wires which are 120 VAC neutral are on a separate terminal strip at the power converter. Do not put 12 VDC white on this terminal strips or bare copper earth grounds.
- The single white stranded copper wire which is the 12 VDC common or negative wires are wire nutted together in a big bundle behind the power converter.
It seems you found your problem, but the color codes above may help. Need to keep track if they are solid copper or stranded wire copper.
Hope this helps
PS. In the walls there are the DOT lighting wire for stop, turn, clearance etc that are off of the 7 wire truck plug. Those wire colors follow the RV standard for trailer lighting. They will not show up at the power converter.
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR, 2004 T1950, 2004 T2475, 2007 T2499, 2004 T317SR
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC
Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club