Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #1

SUN #4483
Dave C is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheel well liner replacement

My wife and I purchased a used 2000 model T2653 travel trailer. I was led to believe the tires were rather new. Unfortunately one blew out while on our trip. The shredded tire destroyed the black plastic well wheel liner just above the tires as it is one molded piece.

Does anyone know who the manufacturer was for this part so I can see if they still have the mold or better yet, do you know anyone or dealer with old parts like this that would still have one?

As for the tires, they did not appear dry rot and they were inflated to 50 psi cold per tire specs. Now I will buy new tires and rotate them out every 4-5 years like I would suggest to sailboat customers the same thing. Feel free to email me direct to davecondon@mindspring.com. Many thanks to all.

Crazy Dave Condon

Old 10-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #2

SUN #4407
underdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't help with the part info but the tires will have a date code with 4 digits. The first two are the week and the second two the year. 2510 would mean they were manufactured the 25th week of 2010. This applies for tires built after the year 2000.

Jim & Laurie
Pittsburgh Area
1990 StarRay T205
2005 Dodge Dakota V8 Tow pac.
1992 Gulfstream Ultra LE Mini 27'
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #3

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Dave. Sorry your trip had such trouble. Perhaps pictures of the damage and/or measurements of the busted part would help others here with other ideas. Hope you find a solution soon.
Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote