Wet Wood Under Bed - T-1740
I found all sorts of wet wood under the rear bed. The unit had a freeze-up in its history and the water heater had burst. Apparently, no one realized this or bothered to care and it may have gone unresolved for years. I had to remove the bed support framing and sides and completely tear up the rear flooring and remove some joists.
I thoroughly soaked the remaining joists and stud areas with polyurethane resin, thinned out to create a kind-of get-rot. I then treated the new wood with the same formulation and replaced the joists. I secured them to each other with angle brackets. I went one step out of the norm (well maybe more than one...) and drilled from the outside of the unit all the way through the old and new side and rear headers and inserted lag bolts. With these secured, the assembly seems pretty strong.
New Aspenite board (OSB) flooring, coated with varnish on both sides was screwed down and a new water heater installed.
Other parts of the project included replacing the system's electrical bonding terminal strip for the wiring commons. Once back together, i'm the only one who knows it was ever bad. (the carriage bolt heads are painted to match the black area of the unit's lower sides and do not look out of place.
I know this is not the type of repair one would expect if paying for a professional job but I expect this unit to provide us with some fun and decided the repair had to first be functional.
I hope your soft flooring is as simple to repair as mine was.