Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-21-2015, 03:30 PM   #1

SUN #6646
swilliams is an unknown quantity at this point
wet wood under bed

It's me again --- Please tell me how the plywood sheet that is under the bunk bed be wet . the mattress is not . It is a spot about the size of a kitchen sink. I don't see any leaks from the roof. I am about to forget the RV isea and get a room !

Old 04-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #2

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there a window near the bunk? My previous Sunline had water leaking in from the window frame. Got under the mattress and wet the wood platform.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:37 AM   #3

SUN #6646
swilliams is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes there is a window I checked that and did not see any signs of leak--I will recheck thank you
Old 06-07-2015, 06:37 AM   #4

SUN #6883
Jayhart is an unknown quantity at this point
Wet Wood Under Bed - T-1740

I found all sorts of wet wood under the rear bed. The unit had a freeze-up in its history and the water heater had burst. Apparently, no one realized this or bothered to care and it may have gone unresolved for years. I had to remove the bed support framing and sides and completely tear up the rear flooring and remove some joists.
I thoroughly soaked the remaining joists and stud areas with polyurethane resin, thinned out to create a kind-of get-rot. I then treated the new wood with the same formulation and replaced the joists. I secured them to each other with angle brackets. I went one step out of the norm (well maybe more than one...) and drilled from the outside of the unit all the way through the old and new side and rear headers and inserted lag bolts. With these secured, the assembly seems pretty strong.
New Aspenite board (OSB) flooring, coated with varnish on both sides was screwed down and a new water heater installed.
Other parts of the project included replacing the system's electrical bonding terminal strip for the wiring commons. Once back together, i'm the only one who knows it was ever bad. (the carriage bolt heads are painted to match the black area of the unit's lower sides and do not look out of place.
I know this is not the type of repair one would expect if paying for a professional job but I expect this unit to provide us with some fun and decided the repair had to first be functional.
I hope your soft flooring is as simple to repair as mine was.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:11 PM   #5

SUN #6817
delehanty293 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just starting a similar repair. Great ideas, feel much better about this job.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #6

SUN #5142
scamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile bathroom window in t-21

hi unable to find part s for little plastic part to keep screen in place. i did go on line but cannot find right shape
Old 09-12-2015, 11:15 AM   #7

SUN #7792
MPeter is an unknown quantity at this point
Me too

Sorta me too. Most of the screens were just 'set' in there respective positions and I am today working around the trailer reinstalling them. I can't figure out how to get the screens into the up and down slider widows. The screens are missing some of the plastic clips that hold them in place. But there are enough to get them to stay for now.
Does anyone know if they are available somewhere?
Thanks.