Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #1

SUN #114
pamwinn
We are sorry Lance

I feel bad Lance and I hope you know that as far as we knew, the trailer was in mint condition.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #2

SUN #666
Lance
I understand

I know you thought it was first quality. I looked at it and so did I.
It's just my luck to find the lemon in the batch.
Why this trailer is doing this with the siding is totally baffling.
I looked at the roof today and it looks just fine. Everything is sealed with goo perfectly from what I can see.
Of course I didn't pull off the AC unit or anything but I did pull the maxxair cover off the bathroom vent and everything is sealed great.
I pushed everywhere on the inside of the trailer roof and walls and I can find no weak or damaged spots.
It seems like they didn't even attach the rear siding on the trailer to anything except the corners. You can push on one side and send a wave through it as if you sat down on an old style waterbed. It's weird!
Did everything just loosen up on the drive from Georgia back to Wyoming or what?
I didn't pull off the Maxxair vent over the fantastic fan in the front of the trailer because it's in the middle of the roof and I wasn't ready to set up boards across the roof.
I had been looking at this trailer online for years. I thought it was the perfect setup for two people and I always thought I would buy one someday. I could find no other make or model that I liked as well.
Now I am already on a search for a replacement hoping to trade it in during cooler weather if the dents are less noticeable.
The only trailer that even seems to spark any interest in me is a Canadian BigFoot trailer.
Like I said it's just my luck - I certainly don't blame you or Rex or hold any ill will.

Lance

Old 08-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
HI Lance,

Sorry to hear of your siding troubles. But, I'd have a hard time getting rid of a quality made trailer because of some dented siding, UNLESS you are having other troubles ?. I would make sure there were no water leaks and just keep it and use it. It could look a lot worse if you had got caught in a hail storm.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #4

SUN #666
Lance
Yeah Kanyon Kitty you are probably making good sense.
The BigFoot attracted me because of it's high quality and fiberglass shell (no siding to mess up).
I could probably re-side the entire T-1950 and it still wouldn't cost me as much as trading it in for the BigFoot.
The bottom line is the T-1950 floorplan has a unique layout that can be found nowhere else - big trailer features in a cozy little arrangement.
No other problems with the trailer to speak of other than a bad vacuum breaker for the exterior shower - easily fixed.
I think the best plan might be to let the problem resolve itself. It may get no worse and just prove to be a liveable problem (or) it will get worse and provide more clues about what is really wrong.
It's already getting in the 40's here at night so it won't be long before I can see if the dents are going to "soften" a bit with contraction or not.

2007 T-1950
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #5

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
Sorry we can't find a definitive answer Lance. I'm glad you haven't found any signs that water is the cause. It can make a real mess of things inside the wall spaces.

I completely understand your frustration with as new as your camper is and the problems you're experiencing. I've had many similar circumstances, I've gotten a lot of new lemons. Just recently my relatively new Husquevarna lawn tractor blew a headgasket at 50 hours use and babied it's entire life, one month after the warranty ran out. I marvel at the store's 'we're not going to do anything for you, have a nice day and stop back and see us soon'.

I agree with Kitty and your assessment. While slightly blemished, as long as it doesn't continue to get worse there's no reason why you shouldn't enjoy your trailer for years to come. Happy camping.

Take care,
Jason
https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/Lodeline.jpg
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote