Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #1

SUN #1273
icontra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to icontra
Wanted : Manual & Inverter Schematic for 1988 Sunline Satellite

Good Day:
I am a relative Newbie to Sunline with a 1988 T-2461. The inverter is an ancient B-W 3240 (Later Magnetek).. The system for lighting seems to be working properly but I can get more than 12 volts out of it..The battery
charging side is not working at all.. I got it this way from the previous owner.
I think a component failure may be the culprit but need a schematic to troubleshoot it. I also need a manual for this goody. Any help will be gratefully appreciated..

Thanx

Michael Kaye

Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Michael

Welcome to Sunline Owners Club

A schematic to the component level. That’s a tuffy…. I do not know of any you will find. If you are TTL logic or solid state fluent you may be able to read the board and back create your own. I have done some of this but it is becoming a lost art now a days.

If your convertor is dead, you are most likely in the replace or upgrade mode. Even finding parts for these old convertors is complex.

This brand convertor I have used with very good success. http://www.progressivedyn.com/ They make upgrade kits for some of the older convertors or you can get a complete new convertor and just tie the 12 volt output into your existing fuse bus like I did. That way you 120 VAC side stays the way it is. Shopping the web for best price turns up some savings. I bought mine from http://www.bestconverter.com/9200-Series_c_84.html

A manual on the camper itself. We do not have one yet scanned on the older models but do have one on the newer ones. The info on the basic camper is very similar. The appliances, those you can search out on the web for manuals on that brand and serials number. See this post for more info with links to here on the site and other web searches.
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f100/manual-83-t1350-11517.html#post88428

Hope this helps and good luck

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #3

SUN #1508
quaddriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to quaddriver
Did you get an answer on the SCM yet? If not, if you can read an SCM, you can look at the boards and do a signal trace...test for AC noise at the end of the rectifier, then look for the voltage regulating mechanism. is it sealed, monotithic or component? if component, Im pretty sure you can find every single item online today via digikey, acme or parts express.

Does the sunline converter isolate the coach 12v from the battery when plugged in? if so, you can likely hardwire a smart charger.

I rewired/cleaned up my 2461 2 weeks ago when I got it home and I note the charge line from the tow vehicle is just fused 20A and has no VR system at all.

now that I think of it, Id like to see an SCM as well...
Old 09-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #4

SUN #1273
icontra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to icontra
Hi Quad:

Thanx for the reply. Haven't come up with a schematic yet, although we share the opinion that component replacement is feasible..Dunno whether the the battery is isolated. If I don't throw my back out I'm gonna trace out the wiring when I put the Sunline to bed for the winter..I hope someone reads this post and can come up with a diagram..

Thanx Again
Old 10-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #5

SUN #1508
quaddriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to quaddriver
Dunno if you are following other threads, but I have verified the Magnetek SCM is 95% of what the BW 3240 is - if you are ready to get out a test light and a dvm I can tell you where to look.