Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-03-2008, 05:45 AM   #1

SUN #187
precorguy
tires - how long should they last?

we have now travelled about 14,913 miles with our trailer - its a 2007
> how long should i expect the OEM tires to last?

any thoughts on this one --- i took a good look at them and they seem to be in good shape - no strange warn spots - tread looks good - i do clean them and spray them

its the sitting that has me concerned --- although in the summer the trailer is not standing still much - LOL

Old 11-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #2

SUN #597
henryj
I have 20,000 mi. on the OEM 05 Missions and they aren't even half worn. If you have a gauge, there is some brand variation, but new should be at least 10/32" of tread depth.

I have slight checking on one side. They've been covered since I bought, but I suspect this was the sunny side on the dealer's lot. They're also 4 years old now so I'll decide in spring when to replace them. The risk and hassle of a tire failure on the road certainly warrants replacing earlier rather than later.

I'd guess yours have a lot of life left--check the DOT code--it may be on the inside. The last 4 digits are the week and year of manufacture. Generally vehicle manufacturers do not get stale dated tires so the odds are yours are only weeks older than the coach and should be good for 4-5 years if not abused.

ST tires are not particularly susceptible to flat spotting. This winter, for the first time, I inflated mine to 60 psi since that is close to what they are running at on a hot sunny day anyway. Low psi is not good for any tire--sitting or driving.

Henry
henryj is offline   Reply With Quote